ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

I need your help!

Guys - I need your assistance. Last week I had to avoid a truck crossing over into my lane and unfortunately, I clipped a parked car.

The final result from the insurance provider is that she is a total loss. Now I am fighting with my adjuster as I think that they have placed the value on the car way too low.
So, what I am looking for from all of you here is any information on M Roadsters that have been sold within the last year - and specifically higher mileage cars - 75k miles and up. I need to show my adjuster that docking me $8k for being at 125k miles is too much.
They did give me an additional $800 credit for the car being in great shape. Of course, that doesn't begin to cover the Turner motorsports subframe bushings, motor & transmission mounts, ECS drive shaft bushings, brake pads, rotors & calipers all 4 wheels ALL replaced within the last 5000 miles, or the pair of rear tires with less than 200 miles.
So again - links to any info on cars sold recently is greatly appreciated.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
gregp553
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich4411 View Post
Guys - I need your assistance. Last week I had to avoid a truck crossing over into my lane and unfortunately, I clipped a parked car.

The final result from the insurance provider is that she is a total loss. Now I am fighting with my adjuster as I think that they have placed the value on the car way too low.
So, what I am looking for from all of you here is any information on M Roadsters that have been sold within the last year - and specifically higher mileage cars - 75k miles and up. I need to show my adjuster that docking me $8k for being at 125k miles is too much.
They did give me an additional $800 credit for the car being in great shape. Of course, that doesn't begin to cover the Turner motorsports subframe bushings, motor & transmission mounts, ECS drive shaft bushings, brake pads, rotors & calipers all 4 wheels ALL replaced within the last 5000 miles, or the pair of rear tires with less than 200 miles.
So again - links to any info on cars sold recently is greatly appreciated.

Jon
I can't help with the price of roadsters but here's my questions to you. What are they claiming the value to be vs. what is the repair estimate? Is there more damage than the obvious sheet metal and a new wheel, like suspension damage? Frame damage? Did the airbags deploy? Seems to me if it's mostly cosmetic they are pricing you pretty low. But you need to carefully read your policy to see where they're coming from. Insurance companies have been changing their coverage terminology for a lot of years now to keep their costs down. The whole issue of oem vs. aftermarket parts is ongoing too. That usually results in bad news for the car owner. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #3
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

the suspension is totally shot on that side. New bumper, metal repair all down the side, new paint hood & whole side, 2 wheels. yes, the airbags did deploy. In fact, the only injury I sustained was a nasty burn on my left wrist from the airbag.
they valued my car at $16,150, and even with the high mileage I feel it's worth $18-19 thousand from what I've seen for sale around the country. I am putting a package of listings together for the adjuster and I am looking for any additional assistance from ZPosters.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
dc_wright
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z43.0si Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich4411 View Post
the suspension is totally shot on that side. New bumper, metal repair all down the side, new paint hood & whole side, 2 wheels. yes, the airbags did deploy. In fact, the only injury I sustained was a nasty burn on my left wrist from the airbag.
they valued my car at $16,150, and even with the high mileage I feel it's worth $18-19 thousand from what I've seen for sale around the country. I am putting a package of listings together for the adjuster and I am looking for any additional assistance from ZPosters.
Most of the valuations methods used by insurance companies assume that few if any buyers pay the advertised asking price, and they use an arbitrary "negotiation" factor to estimate what the actual sell price was. In the original valuation the "good neighbor" insurance company used for my totaled E36 they used 7%. They'll also only look at cars within your region of the country due to market value differences that are region dependent. Southwest, West Coast, and Southeast cars have higher valuations typically due to no salt exposure for example.

If they haven't given you the details on the comparable cars they used for their valuation, request it in writing. Check on the state website that regulates insurance in New Hampshire and look up the statutes that apply to your situation. This is a case where you have to be an educated consumer to win.

Good luck!
      07-23-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
mckenna4978
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW z4mr-A08

Buy it back, fix it yourself or part it out. If your not getting what you would like from those knuckleheads. Parting it out should net you some more $$$$ than what the insurance is willing to pay.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #6
FearTheTree
Rep
Drives: E85

@ 16k, I could understand where they are coming from. Here in Cali, there's a couple of M roadsters at around 80k-100k mi asking for $17-$19k and they've been on the market for a while so it's not unreasonable for them to quote you for $16k for a 125k mi car. I would contest it still since you mentioned you have a lot of upgrades.
Appreciate 0