ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #67
RichB2006Z4M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 M Roadster

Hi there - I would be in for a Roadster M version as well - zip up for me in sandstone - how does the sizing run? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #68
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov
I just finished all the zip-up hoodies! I'll be taking them to the post office tomorrow and they should arrive in about 3 days for US 48 states. I've finished several of the pullover hoodies, and should have the balance done this weekend.

After working with Xmetal (thanks for being my guinea pig bro) I've been working on some fine tuning... When I digitize the logo I can instruct the machine which direction to fill the letters, left to right, etc. I can also embed a pattern UNDER the fill threads to create certain surface textures. I had been playing with dragons and I was trying to give my dragon a texture of dragon scales.

Anyways check out how I rendered all the 'M'. They look like carbon fiber!!

Dude! That is Epic! You sir are a gentlemen and a scholar. Great work!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 04:05 AM   #69
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

Update:

All hoodies from the first batch are complete! Some shipped Friday the rest will ship tomorrow. Priority mail seems to get to the 48 states in about 3 days.

The second batch should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday. I should ship out by Friday.

There's a growing list for a 3rd batch. Several people have requested long sleeve or short sleeve tshirts. I'm gathering interest for those so I can pile them all onto one order.

NOTE: Also, please wash the hoodies separate from other laundry for the first time. I got a report that there was some color bleed. Don't turn your underwear pink!

Thanks guys and gals!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #70
zgood4u
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4MC BSM

Vincent, just got mine today and it looks and feels great! Thanks for the fine work.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 04:11 AM   #71
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

The Ultimate Blanket

So I put a few blankets together for some members here and got one cool request.

Here's the stats:
29,000 stitches
87 minutes runtime on my machine
870 feet of thread from 4 colors

The result?

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #72
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post
So I put a few blankets together for some members here and got one cool request.

Here's the stats:
29,000 stitches
87 minutes runtime on my machine
870 feet of thread from 4 colors

The result?

Awesome..... great work!!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #73
Blind32
United_States
Rep

Got my hoodie Monday. It is AWESOME! Thanks much santov! Will definitely be getting some shirts from you as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 12:20 PM   #74
jatmallet
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M Roadster

Hey, Got mine today! Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #75
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

Just wanted to mention...all those who have bought and received your item from SANTOV, it is nice to see such positive feedback. I know my previous stuff still makes me smile when I pull it out of the closet.

It would be nice if you also added an iTrader to his account (I am sure he will return one to you as a purchaser).

Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #76
XMetal
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Anything

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [10.00]
2018 Audi S3  [0.00]
2004 X5  [8.50]
Just received my pullover today…and it looks absolutely fantastic! SANTOV did an awesome job on this. He was very pleasant to work with. We tossed ideas back and forth and he never once complained how much of a “nit-picker” that I was. In fact, he surprised me with the “imola” outline as he noticed that was the color of my car! That was awesome. I’m glad that this is his hobby as he must have earned less than minimum wage on these with the insane amount of time that he spent getting things perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #77
Blind32
United_States
Rep

That looks GREAT! If you're ever in Dallas Santov, I'm buying you a beer.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #78
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
That looks GREAT! If you're ever in Dallas Santov, I'm buying you a beer.

I like cowgirls too! I hear Texas is the place for buffalo burgers. Yummm!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I did spend too much time trying to get things perfect for all the special requests I got. I'll admit I got frustrated with myself on a few occasions. Reading people's reactions makes it worth it.

I just invested in a bigger machine. I have a serious case of buyers remorse right now thinking of how many shirts I have to make to recoup my costs (it was almost $9k). Anyways, I'm hungry for work, so if you work for a company or own a company and want corporate shirts as thank you gifts or for employees I'm your guy.

I'm also trying figure out how to market a style line. My new machine allows a MUCH larger stitching field. I'm working on this for a member's g/f:

And trying to market some of these to guys:

There's not much money in the monogram bed sheets, napkins, towels, etc, but I can make some freakin' awesome initials:

I'll post updates on how things progress with my venture. It's gone from hobby to cool side gig. Not nearly enough money to retire from or quit my (horrible) day job, but I'm working on it. Ideally I could stay home with baby instead of trucking her to babysitter.

Thanks again for all the support guys. I'm floored by the kindness!

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #79
MikeCOUPE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe, E46 M3

Is it still possible to put an order in on these?? I just saw this thread

Gen IV Viper -- 135i -- FBO Cobb Stg2+ -- E46 M3 -- Z4 M Coupe
CTS-V -- Gone -- AP2 S2000 -- Gone -- AP1 S2000 -- Gone
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 02:28 AM   #80
eHelmholtz
TARDIS
Rep
Drives: Z4

Great Hoodie

Vincent,
The hoodie came today by priority mail and looks great! Thanks for working with me to customize the embroidery.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #81
Alpacamack
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4Si Coupe

Add me to the list of happy hoodie guys. Mine came last week and looks great. Can't wait for some cooler weather to show it off.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #82
cts198505
cts198505
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by santov View Post

I like cowgirls too! I hear Texas is the place for buffalo burgers. Yummm!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. I did spend too much time trying to get things perfect for all the special requests I got. I'll admit I got frustrated with myself on a few occasions. Reading people's reactions makes it worth it.

I just invested in a bigger machine. I have a serious case of buyers remorse right now thinking of how many shirts I have to make to recoup my costs (it was almost $9k). Anyways, I'm hungry for work, so if you work for a company or own a company and want corporate shirts as thank you gifts or for employees I'm your guy.

I'm also trying figure out how to market a style line. My new machine allows a MUCH larger stitching field. I'm working on this for a member's g/f:

And trying to market some of these to guys:

There's not much money in the monogram bed sheets, napkins, towels, etc, but I can make some freakin' awesome initials:

I'll post updates on how things progress with my venture. It's gone from hobby to cool side gig. Not nearly enough money to retire from or quit my (horrible) day job, but I'm working on it. Ideally I could stay home with baby instead of trucking her to babysitter.

Thanks again for all the support guys. I'm floored by the kindness!

Can't wait to get mine and my girlfriends shirts ans zip ups Vincent! Everyone buy one and tell your friends to buy one! He's a great guy to work with and has great ideas while still listening to what you are wanting and very knowledgeable about what he's doing
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 01:38 AM   #83
cts198505
cts198505
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Just received my pullover today…and it looks absolutely fantastic! SANTOV did an awesome job on this. He was very pleasant to work with. We tossed ideas back and forth and he never once complained how much of a “nit-picker” that I was. In fact, he surprised me with the “imola” outline as he noticed that was the color of my car! That was awesome. I’m glad that this is his hobby as he must have earned less than minimum wage on these with the insane amount of time that he spent getting things perfect.
Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #84
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

Just an update all the orders from the second batch shipped on Friday. Third batch will arrive at my place by end of this week.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #85
zMpower08
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i Sportline

Got mine today!

Just received my hoodie today. For those of you with the roadster version coming, they look great! Thanks again Santov for the high quality stuff.
Attached Images

04-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #86
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep

I received mine today...

BTW...figured I'd share a few pics of something custom SANTOV and I put together on a blanket as well.....enjoy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #87
santov
Lieutenant
Rep

It was a marathon today, but I just finished the last of the last orders. There's a few members here (who shall remain nameless) who asked for extra extra extra special stuff. There was also a delay from the supplier who usually ships from Nevada, decided to ship from Vermont for portion of my order.

I'm glad to be caught up! I need to shift my focus on to some shirts I'm doing for a few local IT companies, and I need to work on building a website since I want to get into this full time.

Thank you everybody for your support and kind words! It's awesome to see all the creative ideas people had!

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #88
jatmallet
Private
Rep
Drives: 07 M Roadster

Hey Vincent, got mine last week and its great, thanks again!
Appreciate 0