ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-15-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
zer0xity
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Where to Sell Z4MC OEM Rims?

Hey guys, my goodness - it's been 3 years since I've logged in here. So do pardon me if I'm posting in the wrong spot, but I need some help. I'm trying to get rid of the OEM wheels of my beloved but gone Z4MC, Madison. I sold her, so don't worry, she didn't die and lower the number of active Z4MC's out there.

Anyhow, I need to get rid of the OEM wheels. I had, at some point, taken the BMW caps out of the center and put those on my black VMR's that I bought for it 3 years ago but I forgot to take them back when I sold the car. So I basically have 4 wheels with no center BMW caps and no buyers.

Tried selling on craigslist.org but didn't get any responses. I don't want to short change myself since I know these things are worth at least, what, $1000? I'd rather someone who knows what they're doing buy them and I get paid what they're worth instead of selling them for $400 or $500 and getting the short end of a quick sale.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot, guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

I doubt you will get $1K for used rims, but I would think $5-600 should workable. I would post them here and also Bimmerfest and Bimmerforums. Someone must be looking for an extra set.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

From what I've seen, wheels in good shape with TPMS and center caps seem to be going somewhere around $500-600 if they're in really nice shape. Any damage or peeling and you're probably down to $400 at best due to the cost to recondition.
      02-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
zer0xity
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Coupe

Ah, so I had them overpriced all along. Perhaps that's why I wasn't getting any buyers. Thank you both for your input! I'll lower the ask on craiglist and see what happens from there.

Guess I won't be around much after this unless, of course, I buy another Z4. I really do plan on it in the soon-to-be-near future. Shouldn't be too hard to do with my new job.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #5
Jumbosock
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M coupe

Am I a jerk for liking when Z4MC's die because it makes my car more valuable?

CSL headers*Euro cats*Arqray exhaust*DKF hangers*Evolve Tune*Genuine CSL rims*10mm Macht Schnell front spacers*modified Hamann bumper*Tekarbon 2X2 CF spoiler*Turner CF grills*AS SSK*KWV3*OEM Strut bar*Rogue RSM*Polyurethane anti-roll bar bushings*Deka ETX30L battery*Nav Video module*front & rear cameras*Ipod module*stubby antenna*R-Dash LED license lights*LED Ziza interior lights
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 09:14 PM   #6
itdnwiwbp
Major
Rep
Drives: 330iZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbosock View Post
Am I a jerk for liking when Z4MC's die because it makes my car more valuable?
LOL. Maybe a little, David. But I thought the same thing when I read the OP so you're not alone.
      02-15-2015, 11:40 PM   #7
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
Try different boards on bimmerpost. I think I heard something about 3 series guys liking
the Z4M wheels.