ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
acvr4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3.0Z4,VR4,Vehicross.Touareg

Unhappy Trio of dash warning lights + one

Hey Guys,
I have searched on this and think I know my next step but figured I'd post a new thread on it.
I have a 2003 3.0 roadster. Over the winter my battery died. I installed a new battery and took it through emission - no problems and then a cruise.
The following weekend I took it out to go to a clam bake and just out of my driveway the DSC, ABS, Brake, Tire lights come on. I take it back and run a scan with my Bavarian Tech and it pops a 5D93 - Valve Relay medium or high ohmic short circuit of UVR or valve after Ground on FSA test detected.
I could clear the code from the DSC module an all the lights go out but as soon as I reached 20 mph, they came back.
For some reason I looked that code up 5D93 and thought it was the left front wheel speed sensor and I replaced that. (whoops)
Well it wasn't that.
I tried to reset it and it cleared several times finally it came up - 5D90:
Valve Relay: FR off. Error due to too many valve faults (valve monitor) - fuse defective.

Now I have this:
I get code 5D91 stating Valve Relay FR off - Relay does not turn on during FSA test.

Is this in the ABS/DSC electronic control box in the front ? I head that that can but rebuilt - and your good to go. If not I buy new and then have to go to the dealer to have it coded to the system .
Hard to believe a dead battery caused this to go bad - but who knows.

Any help will be appreciated.
Andy
Appreciate 0