ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
cgroppi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe

FS: TC Kline/Koni Double Adjustable struts/shocks for Z4M

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
For sale are my TC Kline/Koni double adjustable struts and shocks for the 2006-2008 Z4M. They're made for TC Kline by Koni, with independently adjustable bump and rebound adjustments. These are not coilovers. They are for stock style springs (not included). I've had them for about 3 years. In great shape mechanically: no leaks, no blown valves, all adjusters work properly throughout their full range. These would cost you $2200 to buy from TC Kline new.

A note for those who have never had DA shocks on their cars: pretty much all DA shocks make noise of one kind or another. These go clack when they change direction. There's nothing wrong with them, they just do that (if you don't believe me, call up TC Kline and ask them). These are not parts for driving to Starbucks to get a latte. They're for the track or canyon roads.

Asking $1000 shipped anywhere in the continental US.

Photos on request.

Last edited by cgroppi; 12-30-2013 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
seank
enthusiast
Rep
Drives: e30 m3,e90 wagon,sprinter,z4m

A killer price and I confirm the noise is common on all da TC Klines.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Approx how many miles driven on the shocks?

So tempting, going to be participating in B-Street next year for SCCA Solo and need DAs
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
cgroppi
Private
United_States
Rep

They have about 15k miles on them.

They are perfect for B Street. That's what I used them for.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #5
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
You can get them revalved by Koni to be silent (like mine). These are absolutely excellent - totally transformed the car, but I would set them up with different springs (linear 400/450 for street, greater rates for track). However, common thought is the stock dampers are what make the car ride rough, so I'm sure a stock car would see a huge improvement. I am blown away with how much ride and handling are improved with these struts/shocks plus linear springs and camber plates.

It would be tough for me to decide between the TCK D/A (plus linear springs and camber plates) and a supercharger for best mod period, cost no factor.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

I know they are already sold, but just wanted to add for future searches. On full soft, they ride great on the street. No downside for upgrading from stock suspension. Okay, maybe the chatter could bother you, but really great upgrade.

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 07:07 PM   #7
cgroppi
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_riddler View Post
I know they are already sold, but just wanted to add for future searches. On full soft, they ride great on the street. No downside for upgrading from stock suspension. Okay, maybe the chatter could bother you, but really great upgrade.
True, but DO NOT leave the rebound adjusters at full soft. They can stick. Always give them a quarter turn from full soft to prevent sticking. The bump adjusters don't have that issue. I always just left the bump adjusters wherever they were for the autocross course all the time, but backed off the rebound to full soft minus a quarter turn for the street.
Appreciate 0