ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #1
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

It has arrived...

After much anticipation, it’s here! I purchased this 07 CPO sight unseen from up in Maryland and had it shipped down. I was able to get a fellow fanatic (Thanks Carl!) to stop by the dealership and check it out for me. It really is in amazing condition, except for the broken cup holder . It even came with PS2s with almost full tread! It had just under 18k miles on it but after yesterday it is 18k+. As soon as it was off the truck I had the oil warm and it didn’t cool off until I was in bed at 11pm. I am in love the way it drives and performs. I see what people mean when they say you need to learn how to drive it. It handles amazingly well, almost too well and I’m looking forward to learning all the shift points and handling techniques for this car. I already have a list of things to do and it is growing by the minute. CDV, Clear Bra, Tint, check engine mounts, etc… I wonder if the previous owner is on this forum. These are the only pictures I have of it so far since once it was off the truck I was too busy with the right foot and shifter to take pictures. Weather wasn’t that great yesterday either. If the weather is good this weekend, I’ll definitely do a little photo shoot. I also attached some pictures from the dealer’s website. They make the silver grey look more like TiAg since the pictures were taken in a white room with bright lights.

I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and also helping support it with any information I find out or have. I have already learned a good amount and the people here are very nice and respectful. If anyone is in the Dallas area, let me know so we can meetup and hit some roads.

Also, they knew to put it infront of the porsche since it is faster

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Nice! I highly recommend getting the ZHP knob as your first mod. It's only $50 and well worth it. I'd also get the painted stickers to cover up the front reflectors, $10. These are easy must-haves that I wish I did the day I got it instead of waiting months.

Also, either get a GruppeM intake or AFe, this will make you really fall in love with the engine.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
blender
Custom User Title
United_States
Rep
Drives: black

Beauty! great color.

I agree on the stickers for the airbag warnings - I had my tint shop cut me some from matte black vinyl for $5.00 and had them in half an hour.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Congrats!

Good to hear you enjoyed dirving the coupe so much that you you did not have time take more photos.

99% of the drives I go on, I plan on doing a photo shoot. For some strange reason not many photos are taken
      04-06-2010, 12:36 PM   #5
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

That is a GORGEOUS car. Congratulations!!!

I always find that the Z4 Coupe, especially in this color, reminds me of the classic Aston Martin DB5. And I do mean that as a sincere compliment. If I did not have my car, I would have one exactly like yours.

Magnificent!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Congrats! Looks great. You really couldn't wait! there when they were unloading it even. Please tell me you pitched a tent for an overnight campout
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #7
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Congrats and great color choice

ZHP knob, color-matched front reflectors, and shorty antenna are necessary first mods.
      04-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #8
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
After much anticipation, it’s here! I purchased this 07 CPO sight unseen from up in Maryland and had it shipped down. I was able to get a fellow fanatic (Thanks Carl!) to stop by the dealership and check it out for me. It really is in amazing condition, except for the broken cup holder . It even came with PS2s with almost full tread! It had just under 18k miles on it but after yesterday it is 18k+. As soon as it was off the truck I had the oil warm and it didn’t cool off until I was in bed at 11pm. I am in love the way it drives and performs. I see what people mean when they say you need to learn how to drive it. It handles amazingly well, almost too well and I’m looking forward to learning all the shift points and handling techniques for this car. I already have a list of things to do and it is growing by the minute. CDV, Clear Bra, Tint, check engine mounts, etc… I wonder if the previous owner is on this forum. These are the only pictures I have of it so far since once it was off the truck I was too busy with the right foot and shifter to take pictures. Weather wasn’t that great yesterday either. If the weather is good this weekend, I’ll definitely do a little photo shoot. I also attached some pictures from the dealer’s website. They make the silver grey look more like TiAg since the pictures were taken in a white room with bright lights.

I look forward to learning a lot from this forum and also helping support it with any information I find out or have. I have already learned a good amount and the people here are very nice and respectful. If anyone is in the Dallas area, let me know so we can meetup and hit some roads.

Also, they knew to put it infront of the porsche since it is faster

Beautiful M!!!!

Nicely done - enjoy!!!!

Regards
Racerbruce
      04-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #9
Blind32
United_States
Rep

Well I said I would take pics this weekend and I did. I cut it close tho. Finished washing at 6, was flying around town looking for a place to do an impromptu photoshoot by 6:30. Was able to hit up a few unplanned spots. The tripod I was using had a broken bracket on one leg so it made some pictures unbalanced. I've already fixed that as soon as I got home with a small nail as a cotter pin. I also got some stickers for the front reflectors but car was still a little damp and wanted to wait for it to be completely dry before sticking them on. Stubby antenna should get here tomorrow or Tuesday. I put in the modified clutch stop this morning...I like. Still need the CDV delete and ZHP knob and tint and etc...It never ends, but I'm glad to have a car I enjoy modding.

I always enjoy washing my cars but I really enjoy washing this one. Coming from an e46 sedan, washing this thing is cake. I don't mind laying on the ground. Washing your new car is a double edged sword tho because you notice all the damage that you didnt notice before. Oh well, It is what it is. Enjoy the pictures. I'm hoping to take a bunch more, this was just rushed. I basically dumped all the pictures, batch resized them, and uploaded them.

Last edited by Blind32; 04-12-2010 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: Cleaning up photo doubles
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2010, 11:44 PM   #10
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Damn, that's just beautiful! Nice find!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
MetMan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4 3.0i, 2033 X5

Garage List
Nice pics, SWEET RIDE!!!!
      04-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #12
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Now that is one beautiful car!!!!

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
jrich4411
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 ///M black on black

Sweet ride indeed! Congrats. The Z4 coupe reminds me of my gen1 Mazda RX7 - newer 21st century version. Very classy looking car.

Last edited by jrich4411; 04-12-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #14
Shipkiller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Me

Garage List
Nice ride.

In my opinion, the first thing should be the 'ClearBra'. After 3000 miles since installation of the 'ClearBra', not one rock ding or mark, and bug juice just wipes off. I also had the installer put the film over the entire rocker panel. On my Roadster, the front and rear of the rockers take a beating and I am always fixing them.

Well done...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #15
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcleme05 View Post
Beauty! great color.

I agree on the stickers for the airbag warnings - I had my tint shop cut me some from matte black vinyl for $5.00 and had them in half an hour.
IMO, better to just remove them
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65221
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Blind32 - CongratZ on the new ride, nice pix
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
Blind32
United_States
Rep

Thanks all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Nice ride.

In my opinion, the first thing should be the 'ClearBra'. After 3000 miles since installation of the 'ClearBra', not one rock ding or mark, and bug juice just wipes off. I also had the installer put the film over the entire rocker panel. On my Roadster, the front and rear of the rockers take a beating and I am always fixing them.

Well done...
I was thinking clearbra but my front bumper was repainted before I purchased the car. Dealer enclosed this to me but it looks perfect. I am concerned that if the clearbra was ever removed that it might lift the paint if it hadn't cured/wasn't painted well. This won't be a problem if I never remove it but what if during installation it takes them a couple tries to get it right. That would suck. I'm not sure what to do about that. How long would you wait after having paint work done to install a clearbra? There is a guy in my area that does awesome work (or so says my friend who knows his car stuff), maybe I should talk to him and see what his opinion is. But I want y'alls opinion as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #18
Thisisdudewhoru
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 BSM 340i

Shew, my sight unseen is currently on the truck on it's way from wisconsin. Mine's TiAg, I hope my story turns out as good as yours. The 100+ pics they showed me, show its in amazing condition. One owner, 14k miles, clean carfax. So I just gotta be patient.
      04-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #19
gizmo83
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Seems like everyone is getting a Z4MC... I'm jealous!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
I was thinking clearbra but my front bumper was repainted before I purchased the car. Dealer enclosed this to me but it looks perfect. I am concerned that if the clearbra was ever removed that it might lift the paint if it hadn't cured/wasn't painted well. This won't be a problem if I never remove it but what if during installation it takes them a couple tries to get it right. That would suck. I'm not sure what to do about that. How long would you wait after having paint work done to install a clearbra? There is a guy in my area that does awesome work (or so says my friend who knows his car stuff), maybe I should talk to him and see what his opinion is. But I want y'alls opinion as well.
Whatever is/was on there you should let Norm (I assume that's who you're talking about) remove and replace. You've seen his work. No computer-cut "kit" could EVER touch the quality Norm does by hand. Whatever I move on to will have Norm's hands all over her.
      04-18-2010, 10:35 PM   #21
MIKe86
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 90 332is

Looks so clean! The more I see this color the more I like it. I saw a clear bra on a dark silver/grey (not sure of exact name) e46m not too long ago. Where the bra ended and reg paint started you could clearly see the line/cut off. It wasn't like the car was filthy either. Thought it looked like shit and turned me off clear bra's until i see otherwise...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
jragan
Imola Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Imola Red M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKe86 View Post
Looks so clean! The more I see this color the more I like it. I saw a clear bra on a dark silver/grey (not sure of exact name) e46m not too long ago. Where the bra ended and reg paint started you could clearly see the line/cut off. It wasn't like the car was filthy either. Thought it looked like shit and turned me off clear bra's until i see otherwise...
Typical computer-cut kit crap. A real "invisibra" job does the whole hood and is applied by a real pro (because it takes one to work with sheets that large). This is the guy in Dallas that Blind32 should be taking his car to http://www.dfwautoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3954