ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
paul2241
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 328d Sport Wagon

Winter setup question

Hello, I have a 2006 z4 with the sport package and 17 inch wheels and tires. There is a person in my area selling a set of 16 inch snow tires and wheels that came off of an older z4 that I was wondering if I can use on my vehicle. If I can are Goodyear Eagle Ultra M&S Run Flats any good? Tread is 8/32, and come mounted on a set of millie miglia wheels. Wheels and tires are in good shape and he is asking $550. What does everyone think?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
dekaliber
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '11 JCW, '18 Z06

I think 16" will compromise the appearance of your car and the usual recommendations for winter tires typically point towards Dunlop Wintersports or Bridgestone Blizzaks being the best. $550 is a decent price but keep in mind the MM wheels he has were probably among the cheapest options on tire rack (~$100 each) and the Goodyear tires were also probably bottom of the barrel in terms of price.

If I were in your situation I'd use your current wheels for winter and get a set of 18" OEM wheels for summer, or at the very least stick with another 17" set for winter. When I had the 3.0si Z4 I ran an 18" winter setup in Chicago without any issues.
Appreciate 0