ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Z4 DIY (Do It Yourself) Articles
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M COUPE

Garage List
How to remove dash panel - answer myself

Here are the pictures - Remove the right hand vent and cup holder - there is a little phillips screw top right under a little cap and one behind the cup holder when its closed - so open the holder and take the screw out and pull the cup holder straight out.

Next thread .
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 1
StickMon635.00
      01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Taking off dash - centre vent / radio cd

The upper vent has two metal clips on it in the M coupe and I imagine all Z -4 coupes are the same. Just place a thick credit card or piece of plastic down between the top of the vent and the dash. Slide it across the top pushing down and pulling out on the vent. The two clips will release as you push down and pop out as you pull out - pics attach

NExt thread
Attached Images

2006 M COUPE - 380 total production, 1 of 40Imola Red produced for NA , ESS 455 Supercharger, Speedhut Gauges, VPM CLS wheels, 19" Hancooks, Stromung Exhaust, Carbon fibre accessories and black and white badging,
Appreciate 1
StickMon635.00
      01-18-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
drbvac
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Panel removal

Why would one use 2 screws when you can use 6 - all different sizes - must be a german thing.

Anyway after you pull out the upper vent section there are 2 screws holding in the radio/cd player - pull it out as well and it is a little tight - place it up on the top of the dash or just pull it our so you can get at the 2 SCREWS behind the fascia holding the dash panel on @!@@

Remove these 2 screws as well as the two at the top and all the screws holding the panel on are gone. Starting over on the passenger side reach in the hole where the side vent was removed - look in to the left with a flashlight or mirror and you can see the clip that holds this end on. It is a metal clip that slides DOWN through a square fitting on the back of the dash panel - I took a pic with a mirror so hope you can see it cause there is no way in hell you can pull that sucker off without wrecking something.

Once its off pull out that end a bit and slide a screwdriver along between the dash panel and the lower dash = there are about 3 plastic insert clips on the top and bottom that snap in and hold it on - once those pop off the panel just lifts off.

I think I will start a new thread to see what folks think about the area I am going to mount a boost gauge
Attached Images

Last edited by drbvac; 01-18-2013 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: more pic
Appreciate 1
StickMon635.00
      01-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Loogey Clapp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4 3.0si

Awesome write-up!! I don't have need to get in there yet, but I am going to mark this thread. Thanks!!
      01-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
a_riddler
Bimmer Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4MC;08 MBZ E350 4Matic

Your timing is excellent!

Thanks!

08 Z4MC /// DKF Exhaust, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, TCK Coilovers, Strong-Strut, Apex EC-7's, APR Splitter/Wing,
AFE Intake, Underdrive pulleys, AS SSK, Jaffster, UUC Tranny Mounts, Matte Grill, RPI Scoop, CF Badges
Appreciate 0