ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-05-2016, 10:33 AM   #67
pcube
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, G20 320i

Any updates regarding the AGT CF side splitters? Just about to pull the trigger on a pair of custom made FRP ones with my body shop for about the same price... figured if this fits it would be a better deal.

Also, where would the mud flap go with the splitters installed? Will they be removed? Can't really tell from that one pic of the Z4 in the ebay listing.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2016, 10:53 AM   #68
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcube
Any updates regarding the AGT CF side splitters? Just about to pull the trigger on a pair of custom made FRP ones with my body shop for about the same price... figured if this fits it would be a better deal.

Also, where would the mud flap go with the splitters installed? Will they be removed? Can't really tell from that one pic of the Z4 in the ebay listing.
I just ordered a set from them, should have them put on around the 20th. As far as the mud flap, it's up to you to send CA-Int the dimensions, so you can have them made as long as you want, if you want to keep the flaps.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #69
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Quote:

I just ordered a set from them, should have them put on around the 20th. As far as the mud flap, it's up to you to send CA-Int the dimensions, so you can have them made as long as you want, if you want to keep the flaps.
Any idea yet on how they will attach? 3M tape and will you also use the screws and clips located under the side skirt?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #70
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Quote:

Any idea yet on how they will attach? 3M tape and will you also use the screws and clips located under the side skirt?
Yeah, black 3M tape, and self-tapping screws, most likely.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #71
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Dominion View Post
When I did my side extensions i pop riveted them on.
Worked great.
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2016, 10:12 AM   #72
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Quote:
Worked great.
Did you rivet the extensions directly to the plastic side skirts?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #73
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by milamookie View Post
Did you rivet the extensions directly to the plastic side skirts?
Yes.
Mine extended far enough under the sill that I could get a front & back row of rivets to make it nice & solid
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #74
pcube
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Did you order yours to fit the mud flaps? I'm thinking it might look out of place. Look forward to seeing your install pics.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 12:03 PM   #75
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Did you order yours to fit the mud flaps? I'm thinking it might look out of place. Look forward to seeing your install pics.
I sent measurements for the full length of the side skirt. If I have to remove the flaps, it won't break my heart, but we'll see. They just finished production and shipped today, so they'll definitely be waiting for me when I arrive back home on the 19th. Should get them installed the 20th.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #76
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Quote:
Worked great.
Would you recommend using 3M double-sided automotive tape in addition to the pop rivet method? I was thinking that a thin layer of 3M tape along the outside edge of the skirt might help keep any water from getting between the extensions and the side skirts.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 02:35 PM   #77
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

I wanna see picture!! Lol
      08-11-2016, 04:06 PM   #78
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriuSen
I wanna see picture!! Lol
Soon, very soon. They'll be I talked Monday the 22nd, along with my new underdrive pulley kit that has been sitting in a box in my living room for over a month, haha. I plan on doing a complete and proper photo shoot this fall, but until then I'll take some iPhone photos.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #79
M-Cast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 E86 Coupe  [0.00]
2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe  [6.00]
2002 330 CI  [0.00]
2018 BMW 240M  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
I got a set of those in today. They are not too bad for the price and I got them within a few weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #80
coh661
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 Z4 M COUPE  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast
I got a set of those in today. They are not too bad for the price and I got them within a few weeks.
Can't wait to see them installed. Let us know how much cutting, if any, you have to do.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #81
pcube
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast View Post
Can you give us some close up pics of the edges? Is that like some rubber tubing?

I realised that you didn't order yours with cut outs for the jack points... are you planning to do it yourself?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 11:22 AM   #82
Shutterspeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

In for close up pictures and a review!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2016, 06:41 PM   #83
M-Cast
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 E86 Coupe  [0.00]
2006 Z4 3.0si Coupe  [6.00]
2002 330 CI  [0.00]
2018 BMW 240M  [0.00]
2007 M Coupe  [10.00]
I wanted to get the right fitment myself, I am adding a few more mods this week and will have it on the rack for a few days. Once I am finished I will let you know the measurements and add some additional pics.

Still waiting on my VRS front spoiler, I have an APR splitter for that and I am custom making splitters for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 12:01 PM   #84
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Cast
I wanted to get the right fitment myself, I am adding a few more mods this week and will have it on the rack for a few days. Once I am finished I will let you know the measurements and add some additional pics.

Still waiting on my VRS front spoiler, I have an APR splitter for that and I am custom making splitters for the rear.
I'll be interested to see how your custom cutting goes. I'm hoping that I'm happy with what I got when I get home at the end of the week. If it needs tweaked, hopefully you'll have yours done so we can learn from your process.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #85
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Well, I'm back home now, and had a look at the extensions. Overall they seem to be very high quality. However, I am going to have to take them to a shop to have the rear plane cut into a curve in order for it to look appropriate. Still worth it, though.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #86
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Took my extensions to a shop that a buddy of mine from the CCA owns and ended up getting the extensions installed. Used a dremel to curve off the straight plane at the back end of the extensions. Used a layer of 3M double sided auto adhesive tape and then some self tapping screws to finalize the install. I'm more than pleased with how it turned out, even if it took some modification.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Redacre366.00
Vanne1620.50
      08-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #87
pcube
Private First Class
Rep

That looks great!

Btw did yours come with the cut outs for the jack points? What material is the black edge? Rubber?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 08:06 PM   #88
No_Dominion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That looks great!

Btw did yours come with the cut outs for the jack points? What material is the black edge? Rubber?
I gave them the location and dimensions of the jack pads, so they pre cut them out for me.

The edging is some sort of flexible plastic material. It's pliable, and does a decent job of making the edge look neat and clean.
Appreciate 0