ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
snowmirage
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Breyton Wheels: Race GTS / Similar Non-M Fitment

I've been researching a set of these for my non-M Breyton's website listed the Race GTS as being available for this application but didn't specify the size etc.

The only distributor they have in the U.S. is tire rack who didn't list them for the e85.

I reached out to Breyton directly and they were nice enough to send me their entire fitment guide. Hopefully this is useful to someone later on.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlmmqF8somlRdHhoSm5VcTRwUERDeFpfLU01UkdSd 3c

I've summarized the information they have for the Race GTS model here

Race GTS
Front
Size 8.5x19
Offset ET30
Tire Size 225/35R19
Bolt pattern M12x1,5x30
Remarks modifications of plastic wheel arches at front axle might be necessary

Rear
Size 9.5x19
Offset ET35
Tire Size 255/30R19 or 265/30R19
Bolt pattern M12x1,5x30
Remarks modifications of plastic wheel arches at rear axle might be necessary

Anyone that may have run a similar wheel do you think these sound correct? Would you run the 255 or the 265 on the rear?

Anyone care to take a guess how much modification to the plastic wheel arches might be required?

You can't search wheels by size on Tire Rack but it looks like the size / specs listed for these wheels for a 2009 BMW 335i sedan are a match to what Breyton lists for my e85. The 335 and z4 share the same bolt pattern right?

One last question, the pre facelift e85's (like my 2003) do not have a tire pressure sensors I have to worry about right? From what I've read it uses the ABS sensors or something to that effect?

Picture of the Wheels in Matt Gun Metal
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
misterawa
John 14:6
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4

I've ran a similar set-up, 19X8 & 19X9 30 offset. I would recommend 225 in the front and 265 in the rear. Expect your front tires to rub against you plastic fender liner if your car is lowered. 265s are perfect for the rear...you should have no issues.

Mods: Eibachs/Konis, Eibach camber kit, JTD RSMs, 19" WedsSport SA67, Hamann headlight trim, Aero front bumper, Aero sides, AC Schnitzer side deflectors, Hella euro taillights, Hardtop, Dinan strut & supplemental bars, RD Sport intake, Dinan Stage 2 Software, RPI scoop, Bastuck catback exhaust, Radenergie CF engine cover...
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
snowmirage
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Great! Thank you very much for the reinsurance. I don't plan on lowering the car any time soon (but that may change when I see the wheels on there)

Hopefully I'll have them here and installed in a month or two, still waiting for winter to give up and make way for spring.
Appreciate 0