ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
HaiDef
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

My dealer blamed it on the tint of my windows
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #24
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshanno1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gferil View Post
Definitely could be a culprit, like I mentioned in my post #3 above.

Seriously, if all you guys are having these issues, try the key re-initialization thing...it costs you nothing, takes a few minutes of your time, and who knows, might solve the problem.

If that doesn't work, start looking into the actual door lock actuator or the GM5. Same exact symptoms as the E46...so I can see it being the same fixes...
I don't think it is an issue with the key. The same thing happens with the unlock button inside the car. For example, if I press the unlock button twice on the key fob, and only the drivers side door unlocks, the unlock button inside the vehicle wont unlock the passenger door work unless I lock the car and start the whole process over.
Hmm. My inside lock/unlock button is too somewhat acting like the key.
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #25
FSHFACE
Rep
Drives: 2003 Z4

Similar issue. The lock knob would go up but the door wouldn't open but only when the window was down.

I took the door panel off and found that there was a cable from the exterior handle to the latch. When my window goes down sometimes it pushed this cable down and put it in a bind and wouldn't open the door. I taped the cable up (to the back side of the exterior handle, yes duct-tape) so the window wouldn't hit it and it's worked fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #26
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Most of the issues are related to how quickly the driver is pushing the unlock button. SLOWWWW DOWWWWNNNNN... I figured out if I deliberately slow down when I hit unlock, it never happens. I've had this problem with both my Z's.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #27
mousitch
Dark Sider
Rep
Drives: 2008 Space Gray Z4MC

Garage List
2008 Z4M Coupe  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches View Post
Most of the issues are related to how quickly the driver is pushing the unlock button. SLOWWWW DOWWWWNNNNN... I figured out if I deliberately slow down when I hit unlock, it never happens. I've had this problem with both my Z's.
Will try this
2008 Space Grey M Coupe-Euro headers-RPI Scoop-Gruppe M CAI-Eisenmann Race Cans-RE X-pipe-ECU Remap with O2 and EGT delete-H&R Sport springs-Zeck CDV delete-Stock Gloss black powder coated wheels-LED Tekarbon Angel Eyes Project-Michelin Super Sports-Hardwired Uniden R7-H&R front and rear spacers-Alarm module added-stereo amp recoded to vert spec settings
Appreciate 0