ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-08-2016, 10:06 PM   #23
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

A little word to all of you. If you have problems with me, write it on a piece of paper and shove it far up your ass. This ain't no time for a schooling lesson. Those seats I sold, are perfectly fine. If its good for me then I can care less what others think. I was in a wreck where the car collided in the wall 3 times at over 80mph spinning out. Not an inch did the seats move nor anything happen. You're telling me those aren't safe? I had to use the same strength I did to loosen the bolts on the seats as I did when I tightened them a couple months ago. Still not good enough? I'm not here to deal with Matt's and others childish shit. You can talk all the crap you want, give bad ratings or what not. At the end of the day it makes ZERO difference to me. Commenting on all my posts or making posts about me, how mature. If anyone's intimidated by me or my parts, PLEASE DON'T BUY THEM. There's plenty of people out there that see whose right and whose wrong. I rather throw the parts away then deal with ignorant people. Zpost can block my account, do whatever they want. At the end, like I said it makes absolutely no difference. So hard to make another account right?
And to Mr. Bimmer addict, don't question my intelligence or tell me how to mount a bolt. I bought those seats like that, with the scratches and what not. It's not rocket science to bolt it up. If there's any sort of cross threading its from its previous owner.

Anyways end of story, ya'll can say whatever you want. I know my seats are safe, and I'm ignoring everything and everyone who has anything against me or my parts. Used parts are sold as-is with no exceptions of returns, learn to live with it. As far as the people naming me with unnecessary words, go f*ck yourself. Simple as that. Goodbye.

Last edited by Z4M_LEV; 01-08-2016 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 03:49 AM   #24
Beedub
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M roadster vt2-500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M_LEV View Post

A little word to all of you. If you have problems with me, write it on a piece of paper and shove it far up your ass. This ain't no time for a schooling lesson. Those seats I sold, are perfectly fine. If its good for me then I can care less what others think. I was in a wreck where the car collided in the wall 3 times at over 80mph spinning out. Not an inch did the seats move nor anything happen. You're telling me those aren't safe? I had to use the same strength I did to loosen the bolts on the seats as I did when I tightened them a couple months ago. Still not good enough? I'm not here to deal with Matt's and others childish shit. You can talk all the crap you want, give bad ratings or what not. At the end of the day it makes ZERO difference to me. Commenting on all my posts or making posts about me, how mature. If anyone's intimidated by me or my parts, PLEASE DON'T BUY THEM. There's plenty of people out there that see whose right and whose wrong. I rather throw the parts away then deal with ignorant people. Zpost can block my account, do whatever they want. At the end, like I said it makes absolutely no difference. So hard to make another account right?
And to Mr. Bimmer addict, don't question my intelligence or tell me how to mount a bolt. I bought those seats like that, with the scratches and what not. It's not rocket science to bolt it up. If there's any sort of cross threading its from its previous owner.

Anyways end of story, ya'll can say whatever you want. I know my seats are safe, and I'm ignoring everything and everyone who has anything against me or my parts. Used parts are sold as-is with no exceptions of returns, learn to live with it. As far as the people naming me with unnecessary words, go f*ck yourself. Simple as that. Goodbye.

if you think your in the right here then honestly, you need to lock yourself away in a dark room and keep away from civilisation. Whether you FEEL that thats ok, or not, be a man, stand up accept that whatever you think its not right for you to leave this buyer with these goods, i would be equally as pissed, surely you can come to some arrangement where he's least in a better position.

The fact that you seem to find this amusing and don't care even more compounds for a concern on the type of person you are, morals are hard to come by now days it seems. The OP can take solace in one fact however, your a Wiesel of a man as much as your a shit driver.

Now.... Fuck off your boring me.

Last edited by Beedub; 01-09-2016 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 04:00 AM   #25
Z4M_LEV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 750i, F30, Q50S, VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
if you think your in the right here then honestly, you need to lock yourself away in a dark room and keep away from civilisation. Whether you FEEL that thats ok, or not, be a man, stand up accept that whatever you think its not right for you to leave this buyer with these goods, i would be equally as pissed, surely you can come to some arrangement where he's least in a better position.

The fact that you seem to find this amusing and don't care even more compounds for a concern on the type of person you are, morals are hard to come by now days it seems. The OP can take solace in one fact however, your a Wiesel of a man as much as your shit driver.

Now.... Fuck off your boring me.

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #26
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Words on a screen are easy compared to actions and interactions
Karma is a bitch.
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX

Last edited by Steeler; 01-09-2016 at 08:21 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 10:24 AM   #27
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarton62 View Post
Words on a screen are easy compared to actions and interactions
Karma is a bitch.
Yes, Karma is a bitch and apparently the seller already got his with the crash. Hopefully next time he wont be so lucky

Last edited by Pheonix; 01-09-2016 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #28
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:

Quoted in its entirety for posterity. Hopefully the mods kick your worthless ass off the forum.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #29
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Sorry to hear Matt. I'll join the choir and say that the threads are not optional, and you're right that the seats need to be in perfect order since they are safety equipment.

It's unconscionable that a full refund was not offered, especially when indepent third parties (one being the manufacturer!!) said the seats were not usable or safe in their current condition. "All sales final" is a cop-out. You have grounds for legal action if you choose to go that route, and I don't think the judicial system will be quite as nonchalant about halfway securing your vehicle's seat, "bro". California takes those sorts of things VERY seriously...

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 01:19 PM   #30
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:

You had a decision to go with a reply like this, or you could have offered to help the buyer of your seats with the repair costs associated with them. Alternatively, you said you noticed the scratches and what not from a "previous owner". You should have fully disclosed these issues to the buyer.

C'mon now, these are seats as in your BODY is strapped into them. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I sold such a basic piece of safety equipment to somebody which was obviously trashed. The buyer has family and people who love him, and to put him in danger to make a lousy $1500 is pretty ridiculous.

It's not often in life we can put a monetary value on our own decency and moral thoughtfulness in regards to others. Congrats, you just figured out what yours is worth.
Appreciate 2
      01-09-2016, 03:07 PM   #31
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
When I recently bought my bbk, that was used i ran into a major issue with one of the bleeders being stripped upon further inspection. ..contacted seller, and not for nothing he was willing to assist in any way possible to figure out a solution to the issue and help out as much as he could...he could've simply said piss off I've got your money and that's that...but that'd be childish. Your right in one aspect used parts are used, however stating that they are in one condition while they are not seems a little scandalous. If it was me and I felt I was swindled by a snake oil salesman, you could rest assured that the only thing getting shoved up any ass would be your head so far and deep that your tongue would be tickling the back of your eyeballs.

Unfortunate for tiltmode it was him, and fortunate for you it wasn't me.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2016, 03:40 PM   #32
longress
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

Z4M_LEV sounds like you're getting a justified bashing. Seat threads are not an aesthetic item and to not disclose this is enough to piss any rational person off.

Let's hope the word gets out that if you try and sell items on this forum like Z4M_LEV did with no care in the world except for the money in his pocket then you should be on the front page of the new posts for a month so that all current members know who your are and can see your bashing. This may be a deterrent for anyone else that has a similar idea of misrepresenting an item that's for sale on this forum.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2016, 01:18 AM   #33
tiltmode43
I plead the 5th.
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Frontier Pro-4X, '06 Z4MR

Quote:

Levon,

Bottom line, as I have told you via text and posted in this thread, I agree - this was a cash transaction with the sale being fine. I don't refute this or disagree at all! I should have inspected the product closer and if it's something I wasn't comfortable with, I shouldn't have purchased them. At the end of the day this was my fault, and I've posted such in this thread multiple times.

However, you advertised the seats as being in great condition and like I've also said many times, you seemed like a nice guy (thanks for the OEM strut bars BTW). Even if *you* believe the seats to be fine, you should at least take the multiple shops' word into consideration that they are NOT OKAY. As mentioned, I consulted a skilled race shop with multiple race cars, as well as one of Recaro's largest US dealers - they both agreed the seats were NOT OKAY and NOT SAFE TO INSTALL. I'm simply trusting skilled professionals' word on this, the ones who operate race teams and sell these seats on a daily basis. Any halfway decent seller would recognize this, realize the item they sold was bad, and assist in some way.

You told me you were a certified BMW mechanic. If you think these seats were okay then I would hate to see the work you perform on any cars in your career, if this truly is the case. I've told a couple friends of mine who actually are certified mechanics about your recommendations and they both nearly fainted from laughter...

Nobody needs to be "schooled" or anything like that - we're all adults. I don't think anyone is intimidated by you and I'm not sure how my actions have been childish. I simply posted a link to this thread in other relevant threads you were a part of. If you are so clearly in the right, then I should be the one looking like the joke right about now...

At the end of the day, I want to make it clear I did not create this thread with the intention of getting you banned or bashing you for the transaction. Your actions and words speak for themself. For the hundredth time, I didn't inspect these well and I accepted it was a cash transaction. This thread was initially made without your name included, purely with the goal of getting advice on how to fix the bad product I purchased from you. After numerous PMs on the situation (really, a lot of people reached out to me via PM with advice, also requesting I post your details - thanks for the support fellas!), I decided to make the information available in this thread. Bottom line, if you are in the right then I should I look like a fool for posting any of this but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks,
Matt

| Z4M Build Thread | @violetnites | flickr |

Last edited by tiltmode43; 01-10-2016 at 10:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #34
E46M3forRay
Güdentyte
Rep
Drives: GT3 & 1M

Garage List
2023 Model 3  [6.50]
2022 T4R TRD Pro  [5.00]
2011 1M  [6.67]
2014 991.1 GT3  [10.00]
Wow.. Sorry to hear about this shitty ordeal tiltmode. I was about to make a 400mile trek down to SoCal to pick these up but decided to go snow boarding instead. A person with good conscience would voluntarily take the items back or refund some of the money back. I know I would if I was the seller. We all know who's wrong here and I really do hope you find a solution to make this work. Such nice seats.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #35
AriuSen
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltmode43 View Post
Levon,

Bottom line, as I have told you via text and posted in this thread, I agree - this was a cash transaction with the sale being fine. I don't refute this or disagree at all! I should have inspected the product closer and if it's something I wasn't comfortable with, I shouldn't have purchased them. At the end of the day this was my fault, and I've posted such in this thread multiple times.

However, you advertised the seats as being in great condition and like I've also said many times, you seemed like a nice guy (thanks for the OEM strut bars BTW). Even if *you* believe the seats to be fine, you should at least take the multiple shops' word into consideration that they are NOT OKAY. As mentioned, I consulted a skilled race shop with multiple race cars, as well as one of Recaro's largest US dealers - they both agreed the seats were NOT OKAY and NOT SAFE TO INSTALL. I'm simply trusting skilled professionals' word on this, the ones who operate race teams and sell these seats on a daily basis. Any halfway decent seller would recognize this, realize the item they sold was bad, and assist in some way.

You told me you were a certified BMW mechanic. If you think these seats were okay then I would hate to see the work you perform on any cars in your career, if this truly is the case. I've told a couple friends of mine who actually are certified mechanics about your recommendations and they both nearly fainted from laughter...

Nobody needs to be "schooled" or anything like that - we're all adults. I don't think anyone is intimidated by you and I'm not sure how my actions have been childish. I simply posted a link to this thread in other relevant threads you were a part of. If you are so clearly in the right, then I should be the one looking like the joke right about now...

At the end of the day, I want to make it clear I did not create this thread with the intention of getting you banned or bashing you for the transaction. Your actions and words speak for themself. For the hundredth time, I didn't inspect these well and I accepted it was a cash transaction. This thread was initially made without your name included, purely with the goal of getting advice on how to fix the bad product I purchased from you. After numerous PMs on the situation (really, a lot of people reached out to me via PM with advice, also requesting I post your details - thanks for the support fellas!), I decided to make the information available in this thread. Bottom line, if you are in the right then I should I look like a fool for posting any of this but that really doesn't seem to be the case.

Thanks,
Matt
MAN!!!! your picture from signature!.....the hardtop looks so nice!
lol just trying to cool things down.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 08:10 PM   #36
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

At first I thought making a public thread calling the guy out was a bit much, but that response was way over the top. Sheesh.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 04:50 AM   #37
WickedNy
Get Some
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
07 z4 3.0si  [0.00]
I don't think the thread was any attempt to call him out but merely highlighting the issue he ran into. Whether or not he said whose name it was, it was an easy find just looking through the classifieds. Besides that, I think it's viable information for the public to know before they'd make a decision to buy something from somebody of that caliber.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 10:16 AM   #38
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
At first I thought making a public thread calling the guy out was a bit much, but that response was way over the top. Sheesh.
We need to leverage the community to protect ourselves.

I think that beefs like this need to be dealt with in public, in the forum in which the problem occurred, so that everyone on that forum gets to know if there is a disreputable person buying/selling on the forum. It's important information, and there are more and more scam artists working angles to take peoples' money these days.

Another forum I'm on is thinking about becoming an intermediary between buyer and seller, holding funds (via paypal I think) until both parties are satisfied. They've had too many cases of people selling the same item more than once, people selling stuff they don't even have, grossly misrepresented condition of goods, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 05:27 PM   #39
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Selling a used helmet that survived a crash, appeared fine afterwards and did its job the first time around is not something that can be reused or resold. This is the equivalent in my opinion.

Seller sounds like an ass. People buy stuff here based on good faith because the forum genuinely has good caring people. Yes buyers should do their due diligence but they shouldn't feel trapped if they overlooked something. If it were me I would've offered to take back the damaged seat or sell it a deep discount.

End of day your reputation [in life] is way more important than few hundred bucks. I've bought and sold tons of stuff, some didn't go down the way I intended but guys like Wicked and Pokey were super understanding and I was really appreciative.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #40
Pheonix
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Coupe 2012 e93 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW/Z4MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
Selling a used helmet that survived a crash, appeared fine afterwards and did its job the first time around is not something that can be reused or resold. This is the equivalent in my opinion.

Seller sounds like an ass. People buy stuff here based on good faith because the forum genuinely has good caring people. Yes buyers should do their due diligence but they shouldn't feel trapped if they overlooked something. If it were me I would've offered to take back the damaged seat or sell it a deep discount.

End of day your reputation [in life] is way more important than few hundred bucks. I've bought and sold tons of stuff, some didn't go down the way I intended but guys like Wicked and Pokey were super understanding and I was really appreciative.
Yes, the Seller is definitely an A$$HOLE! Ultimately it is the OP's issue for not fully inspect the seats prior to handover the cash. However, the seller's respond and behavior after the sale were definitely something else.
Here are some of my observation after the fact so we could all learn from this horrible transaction:
- The seller did not disclosed that the car was in an 80MPH crash onto a wall. I am pretty sure most of us would not even think about purchase the seats if that was disclosed. The OP might have something to go by if he decide to take legal action against the seller.
-The seller did not post ONE picture of the actual seats! This is why we always ask any seller to post or send pictures of the actual items.

By the way, the seller stated that "I'm a master EPA, ford and BMW technician". It would be nice if we could find out where he works so the anyone of us and our family/friends won't bring our cars in for services
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2016, 09:54 PM   #41
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Matt, how you going mate? any further progress with the chairs mate? Did you decide on a path to take fixing those nuts?

cheers mate, hope your kicking butt dude

V.