ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

11-26-2014, 04:23 PM   #89
007M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '007 ///M Coupe & Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
It is strange that a company like vf has such a bad tune and foremost bad support.
I mean: they also tune porsches&lamborghinis, for a lot of money.

I wonder if they think bmw z4m owners are not interesting anymore. (older car, cheaper kits). Maybe they only think customers who spend a lot of money (as in: even more money) are interesting enough for their attention?
Yea, it was really disappointing. I would highly recommend the VF kit but not the tune. You could have a wicked awesome setup if you get the VF kit and Frank's tune. He is super responsive and very helpful with questions.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #90
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007M
Quote:
It is strange that a company like vf has such a bad tune and foremost bad support.

I wonder if they think bmw z4m owners are not interesting anymore. (older car, cheaper kits). Maybe they only think customers who spend a lot of money (as in: even more money) are interesting enough for their attention?
Yea, it was really disappointing. I would highly recommend the VF kit but not the tune. You could have a wicked awesome setup if you get the VF kit and Frank's tune. He is super responsive and very helpful with questions.
Are you guys running ttfs "handheld tuner" tunes? Or Dyno tunes? My plan is to pick up a vf kit and get him to do a custom dyno tune with his injectors(what his employee said), but I heard he only really works with AA kit and won't tune vf or ess kits. however I have a few friends who have had vf m3 kits tuned and perhaps they could help get my foot in the door

Last edited by Calichase; 11-27-2014 at 09:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 02:02 PM   #91
007M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '007 ///M Coupe & Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichase View Post
Are you guys running ttfs "handheld tuner" tunes? Or Dyno tunes? My plan is to pick up a vf kit and get him to do a custom dyno tune with his injectors(what his employee said), but I heard he only really works with AA kit and won't tune vf or ess kits. however I have a few friends who have had vf m3 kits tuned and perhaps they could help get my foot in the door
Hey Calichase, my car was dyno tuned. I hadn't heard about Frank only doing tunes only for the AA kits. My tune *just* finished 6 days ago and it was a VF kit, so atleast at that point he was doing tunes for other kits.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2014, 11:17 AM   #92
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

his website only mentions AA re-tuning
      12-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #93
mfanatic325
///M-fanatic
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '01 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated M Roadster View Post
lol
What exactly are you lol-ing about? I was referring to the fact that my charger trim is supposedly outdated, and is SUPPOSED to make a bit less power than the up-to-date one.

Quote:
My tune with Frank was via datalogging and tune files back and forth (since I'm not local to him). I would go with a tuner that actually has experience with this specific platform (car, ECU, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZStig View Post
his website only mentions AA re-tuning
Frank's website? It's probably really outdated lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #94
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfanatic325 View Post
What exactly are you lol-ing about? I was referring to the fact that my charger trim is supposedly outdated, and is SUPPOSED to make a bit less power than the up-to-date one.

My tune with Frank was via datalogging and tune files back and forth (since I'm not local to him). I would go with a tuner that actually has experience with this specific platform (car, ECU, etc.)

Frank's website? It's probably really outdated lol.
does the car record A/F values with the logging? Or do you need a dyno to do that?
      12-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #95
pokeybritches
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: ESS/G-Power Z4M, VF Z4, 996tt

Garage List
2006 BMW Z4M  [10.00]
2006 BMW Z4M  [8.50]
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichase
Quote:
Quote:

He tunes all kits. I confirmed today.

VF Engineering Z4 3.0i, ESS Z4M, G-Power Z4M, 996 Turbo
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #96
Calichase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 s/c'd Z4MC '08 e82 '02 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybritches
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calichase
Quote:
Quote:

He tunes all kits. I confirmed today.
In house tuning? Or remote file sharing? This is great news though, but is exactly the opposite of what his head of sales told me literally a week ago lol. His head of sales also said something about using ttfs injectors with the vf kit too which doesn't seem to be the case for the guys who have had him tune there kits. Miscommunication perhaps

Side note, has anyone used Frank at ttfs for just a catless NA custom dyno tune?
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #97
dorifto88
Major
Rep
Drives: 88 Nissan Pathfinder

Quote:

Side note, has anyone used Frank at ttfs for just a catless NA custom dyno tune?

my car is still in the shop but once its out i will
Appreciate 0