ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #23
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirvr4 View Post
Yeah, I ordered it from getbmwparts. I guess it does, I was never into multi-function steering in a pure sports car anyway.
Part #?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 01:45 AM   #24
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 M Coupe VRS Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaZeta View Post
Part #?
Sorry for late replay, I was busy. This part no. 32307906779
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #25
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by asirvr4 View Post
Sorry for late replay, I was busy. This part no. 32307906779
Thanks, but I was looking for the part number to the inserts without the multifunction on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:32 AM   #26
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep

My story with my Coupe - Part 3

Hi again, long time. Now comes the bad part which I mentioned will tell you.

One night I parked my car and went in with my friends. After spending a nice evening, when I came back to my precious M coupe, my heart was broken to see that it got keyed all around.

Pictures are below, but not for the faint.

On hood:
Name:  DSC01126.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  165.9 KB

Left front fender:
Name:  DSC01127.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  156.5 KB

Driver Door:
Name:  DSC01128.jpg
Views: 404
Size:  163.3 KB

Left rear fender:
Name:  DSC01129.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  183.1 KB

Right rear fender:
Name:  DSC01130.jpg
Size:  193.7 KB

Passenger door handle:
Name:  DSC01131.jpg
Size:  190.3 KB

Front right fender:
Name:  DSC01132.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  169.6 KB

Front right fender:
Name:  DSC01133.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  191.8 KB

I don't know how there is still people on earth who does this to a beautiful car. Why? Whyyyy? I cursed sooo much that night.

Next morning I called a friend who works at a body workshop to come inspect my car to come up with a solution. He said this was probably done with a nail, not a key cause it was really deep, and the only solution is paint the body, and painting only the affected panels versus painting the whole car is not much of a cost difference, so its better to paint the whole car to avoid color difference.

I decided to wait for sometime and check other options. First, was to use a temporary deep scratch repair kit which is called "Scratchwizard". I filled all the scratches then buffed the extra, and did it again over it for better results.

Some pictures during work:

Name:  DSC_0426.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  182.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0421.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  216.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0423.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  134.0 KB

Name:  DSC_0424.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  267.4 KB

After I finished filling the scratches, I painted them with exact color of Interlagos Blue, however I was not happy with the result., but the filling was good and almost even with the surface.

I decided to get the 3M brushed steel blue metallic, and started to do the wrap job by myself.

Comparison pic:

Name:  DSC_0462.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  427.3 KB

Name:  IMG-20121116-00194.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0493.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  224.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0505.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  245.3 KB

This was really a tough wrap job to do. It's not perfect, but it was my first and will be my last I am sure.

The result after I finished.

Name:  IMG_0314 Final.JPG
Views: 411
Size:  561.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0310 Final.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  435.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0323 Final.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  597.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0335 Final.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  570.2 KB

Thanks to my friend for the photos.

I also did the Umnitza Orion V2 LED angel halos:

Name:  DSC_0008.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  215.9 KB

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
udme86m
UDM.E86.M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 MCoupe

Wow, HATE people who have no respect for someone's property. Looks like you made the best of it though! Love the Umnitza's!

06 Cayenne S / 07 MCoupe / 01 330CI / 04 K1200GT
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #28
KevinM
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5;2007 M Coupe;2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 M2 Competition  [10.00]
2007 E86 M coupe  [8.38]
2002 E39 M5  [9.00]
Oh...my....God...

That is so sad. I'm speechless. Makes you question humanity. Wrap looks interesting! Does your insurance not cover the damage? If so, having the paint professionally repaired before the wrap would have made sense.
2021 Kia Telluride (hauler)
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #29
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Saddened and angry to see this. It's just painful.

The wrap looks good, especially for a first time! It's a good alternative to a full paint job.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #30
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

So sad......
You really have to wonder what makes someone do something like this.
Karma do your thing .....please!
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #31
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
So sad......
You really have to wonder what makes someone do something like this.
Karma do your thing .....please!
This happened to my car as well but i didn't post pictures and i repaired it easily with polish since the aggressor wasn't skilled enough at it and used a key that didn't create deep wounds.

this shit regularly happens in arab countries, you should come and see what kind of retarded shit people come up with to mess up your day. I can't wait till i can leave this country to the US, waiting on a software engineering job to get my visa going.

READ this:
Just to explain things to you, a guy hits his wife with a broomstick in front of their 5 little girls regularly (wife disciplining is normal in Islamic religion), a guy from the army breaks inside to stop this because the screams were heard so loud, the guy kicks the army personnel out because of invasion of privacy law, he then keeps on hitting his wife brutally till she bleeds out and dies. the police comes the next day and takes him into custody (please note that the guy didn't flee or anything), the minister after a couple of hours comes and takes him out of jail and the guy goes and takes his 5 little girls to live with his family.

Now what happens?
An army of people from the relatives of the killed woman and other women who are receiving beatings regularly goes for a strike, 30 days later and shit lot of beating done, the government decides that there should be a law against domestic violence, the law is still pending discussion in the parliament.

as if, there's anything to discuss ... it's fucking "don't hit the ones you love you idiot"

end of story.

If you want another story, the news is pretty entertaining with similar stories, we can like have a thread of daily fun on zpost in this regard ... :P
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 02:08 AM   #32
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by udme86m View Post
Wow, HATE people who have no respect for someone's property. Looks like you made the best of it though! Love the Umnitza's!
Thanks. I also changed the lenses to ZKW-R ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Oh...my....God...

That is so sad. I'm speechless. Makes you question humanity. Wrap looks interesting! Does your insurance not cover the damage? If so, having the paint professionally repaired before the wrap would have made sense.
Thanks. No, insurance doesn't cover unless I have gotten the premium package. Even if I got they would only paint affected panels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
Saddened and angry to see this. It's just painful.

The wrap looks good, especially for a first time! It's a good alternative to a full paint job.
Thanks. It was really tough to do it alone, but I don't want anyone helping me anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 02:24 AM   #33
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikamak View Post
This happened to my car as well but i didn't post pictures and i repaired it easily with polish since the aggressor wasn't skilled enough at it and used a key that didn't create deep wounds.

this shit regularly happens in arab countries, you should come and see what kind of retarded shit people come up with to mess up your day. I can't wait till i can leave this country to the US, waiting on a software engineering job to get my visa going.

READ this:
Just to explain things to you, a guy hits his wife with a broomstick in front of their 5 little girls regularly (wife disciplining is normal in Islamic religion), a guy from the army breaks inside to stop this because the screams were heard so loud, the guy kicks the army personnel out because of invasion of privacy law, he then keeps on hitting his wife brutally till she bleeds out and dies. the police comes the next day and takes him into custody (please note that the guy didn't flee or anything), the minister after a couple of hours comes and takes him out of jail and the guy goes and takes his 5 little girls to live with his family.

Now what happens?
An army of people from the relatives of the killed woman and other women who are receiving beatings regularly goes for a strike, 30 days later and shit lot of beating done, the government decides that there should be a law against domestic violence, the law is still pending discussion in the parliament.

as if, there's anything to discuss ... it's fucking "don't hit the ones you love you idiot"

end of story.

If you want another story, the news is pretty entertaining with similar stories, we can like have a thread of daily fun on zpost in this regard ... :P
Well sorry for hearing your car got keyed also, I think it's okay to show people since it wasn't done by you obviously, but good you solved it at the end.

Good luck with your software engineering job and leaving to US. Seems like your forever wish will come true soon.

This is off topic of my thread, but I would like to replay to you:

It doesn't mean it could not happen on US or any other country around the world. Either your car getting keyed, or some man beating his wife or abusing his children. "shit" doesn't happen regularly in Arab countries. It can also happen in US or any other country around the world.
This is earth, not heaven.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 05:46 AM   #34
tikamak
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M Roadster TiAG/black

Agree to disagree mate good luck with your car as well
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #35
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
More info on the halos, who'd you send to cut open the headlights?
      07-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #36
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

I find the front bumper incredibly ugly. Dont mean to beat you while your down or anything, really sorry to hear about the car being keyed, but the front bumper just ruins the car for me. I love matte finishes on cars and matte wraps, but I think this in particular does not look too great because you chose a wrap that had that brushstroke pattern in it, and maybe it looks better in person, but in the pictures, the texture gives kind of strange reflections and how the brushstrokes are not going all one direction I am not a huge fan.

But it sounds like you are open to new bumper possibilities (btw I really hope you did not cut the aero bumper up) and the wrap may not be a permanent thing so I will see what happens with this. It has a lot of potential, but to me right now execution leaves a bit to be desired.

Quote:
Its really simple though, what they have is not love, its an unhealthy ego-driven power and control ploy by weak men over powerless women. Its pathetic behavior and its really sad to know about, but unfortunately, that is the way their culture is. Laws will do little to change that. People must stand up and change their minds as a collective group, they need to decide that not only do they want a law preventing this, but as individuals they personally want to see that behavior stopped. Until then...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #37
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Agree to disagree mate good luck with your car as well
Thank you. I hope you didn't take my replay offensively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC_OFF View Post
More info on the halos, who'd you send to cut open the headlights?
I did the installation my self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
I find the front bumper incredibly ugly. Dont mean to beat you while your down or anything, really sorry to hear about the car being keyed, but the front bumper just ruins the car for me. I love matte finishes on cars and matte wraps, but I think this in particular does not look too great because you chose a wrap that had that brushstroke pattern in it, and maybe it looks better in person, but in the pictures, the texture gives kind of strange reflections and how the brushstrokes are not going all one direction I am not a huge fan.

But it sounds like you are open to new bumper possibilities (btw I really hope you did not cut the aero bumper up) and the wrap may not be a permanent thing so I will see what happens with this. It has a lot of potential, but to me right now execution leaves a bit to be desired.

Its really simple though, what they have is not love, its an unhealthy ego-driven power and control ploy by weak men over powerless women. Its pathetic behavior and its really sad to know about, but unfortunately, that is the way their culture is. Laws will do little to change that. People must stand up and change their minds as a collective group, they need to decide that not only do they want a law preventing this, but as individuals they personally want to see that behavior stopped. Until then...
When I ordered the front bumper I didn't know it's not a full bumper. Sorry to disappoint you but I did cut the aero bumper. I am planning to get back to M-bumper sometime soon.

And, yes the wrap is just a temporarily solution to cover up the brutal scratches. I went with brushed because it's my first wrap self-job, and flaws will show easier on gloss and matte wraps.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #38
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Man, bloody sad to see the car scratched like that mate.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #39
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

+1, I'd go crazy if someone keyed my car
      07-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #40
ghrup09
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

To op,
First off, I was sick to my stomach when I saw pics of your being keyed. However, i found offense to some of the comments about Islam and the stance of men superiority over women. My family is from that region of the world and generalizing these people based off of your/others experience is not fair. Islam is based on peace, compassion, and willingness to help the fellow neighbor selflessly. I don't want to hijack this thread but just had to get that off of my chest. My parents grew up back home and recently came back from Kandahar on vacation. Please keep religious/political comments off of the Z forums if at all possible as I'm sure I'm not the only minority on the Z forum. Nonetheless, I hope your car gets back to where it once was and I applaud your own efforts and sharing with us your project. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 03:01 AM   #41
ghrup09
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

To clarify, the comment was in regards to the earlier thread comment from this post, not to original op. I apologize for any confusion on this.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 03:07 AM   #42
Vanne
Down Under!!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

It's someone's opinion, that doesn't mean it's true. They are just expressing themselves, I for one don't have an issue with political/regigious opinions from fellow zed members. It could even provide an insight I had never thought about before. Anyways that's just /my/ opinion : D

I guess Zedding is my religion
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #43
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

OP I am glad you did not cut the aero bumper perhaps I mis-spoke on that. I just cant wrap my head around how that ACS lower lip "fits" onto the aero bumper without cutting the fangs... but maybe thats not on the aero bumper?

Didnt even think about brushed being harder to hide mistakes, but in the picture from dead on behind, it looks like a professional quality wrap. Maybe before you repaint it, you can try your hand again at a matte wrap in a true matte wrap with no pattern? From what I see here, you are very good at getting the vinyl down, so I think it would look great. Gray, white, and black are kind of overdone. Maybe a very metallic blue matte (like the same color of wrap you used here, in a normal matte film) would look good and be true to the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanne View Post
It's someone's opinion, that doesn't mean it's true. They are just expressing themselves, I for one don't have an issue with political/regigious opinions from fellow zed members. It could even provide an insight I had never thought about before. Anyways that's just /my/ opinion : D

I guess Zedding is my religion
If more people lived like that, the world would be a much better place. I for one value constructive criticism tremendously, critique is better for bettering yourself then support could ever be.

"To avoid criticism,
Do nothing
Say nothing
and Be nothing"

Last edited by Z4inAZ; 07-30-2013 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #44
asirvr4
Private First Class
Oman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
OP I am glad you did not cut the aero bumper perhaps I mis-spoke on that. I just cant wrap my head around how that ACS lower lip "fits" onto the aero bumper without cutting the fangs... but maybe thats not on the aero bumper?

Didnt even think about brushed being harder to hide mistakes, but in the picture from dead on behind, it looks like a professional quality wrap. Maybe before you repaint it, you can try your hand again at a matte wrap in a true matte wrap with no pattern? From what I see here, you are very good at getting the vinyl down, so I think it would look great. Gray, white, and black are kind of overdone. Maybe a very metallic blue matte (like the same color of wrap you used here, in a normal matte film) would look good and be true to the car
I already mentioned that I did cut the aero bumper and custom fitted the ASC lip on it.

Brushed hides mistakes easier than other films like gloss or matte, I guess.

Thanks, I really appreciate that you see my hand work on vinyl is professional. Unfortunately local authorities in my place does not allow any matte finish or any wrap that is a different color than the paint underneath. The matte thing might be allowed sooner or later, but not a different color.
Appreciate 0