ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

Mod questions while installing....

my guys are dropping the subframe to install the headers correctly btw they said that the passenger's side motor mount was none existent (kinda like the way the clutch was...lol) piece of crap prone to failure parts from BMW...
Owners beware...
Also the Polyurethane mounts I got from UUC were slightly bigger than expected which made dropping the subframe a little more efficient I imagine.

Turnermotorsports ss brake lines are a little too long as per my mechanic
I tried calling TMS and gave them the numbers me and my mechanice found, some guy on the sales line was like "sure, Ill go to the back and check if the numbers match...that was two hours ago....TMS keeps giving me the same run around....fucking ass holes. its not even a pricey part.....any one have experience with the tms ss brake lines? aside from that all the other stuff is going well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

I guess motor mounts are "wear items...."

I'm interested in how those poly mounts pan out. Got my UUC Red Poly transmission mounts installed last week and the car sort of sounds like a tractor now under load or at higher RPM. Might be my shop over-torqued them (14 ft. lbs is not much), or might be they need time to settle down (I asked another forum member about his and he said they quieted down after a couple weeks).

Jury is still out here--if they don't quiet down I'll probably go with Rogue. All of this will go into the comparo thread I'm doing--and I'll add your poly engine mount experience there too.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

the brake lines I received from Turner were Stoptech. They were about half an inch longer in the front. I didn't do the back ones, but they replace the two shorter lines, so it would be hard to compare anyway.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Yea, me personally I would've gone with the black mounts. Red's going to add alot of noise, not sure if you want that for your daily. All the other mods look sweet though. Sorry don't have an answer for your questions, lol.

Regarding brake parts, next time check out Zeckhausen =)
      04-11-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
Z4-VILLA
Banned
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Z4M Hardtop Roadster

all mods are in, yes red mounts are a very rough but it feels awesome on the highway
omg.... i should have put headers in the day i bought this!!!!
Appreciate 0