ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #23
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Ok. You need to realize that with the M versions, you're basically dealing with a race car. So, it's very powerful and if you are hard on it in the break in period there is a chance that it will react poorly. That being said, it most likely won't blow up in your face, but when you spend 50 grand + on a sports car, do you really want to take that chance?

As far as the moving red line goes, you don't really have to worry about it unless it's cold outside, and then it only takes a couple minutes for it warm up.

For most people, I really don't see how the break in period is even an issue. I broke mine in, in a week in germany where it was extremely difficult and even painful to keep the thing under a 106 mph. But, here in the states, you really have no need to worry.

Just go on as many road trips as you can when you first get it, get the break in out of the way, and then enjoy the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2007, 06:58 AM   #24
JK42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E70 BMW X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by meruyailir View Post
Is Z4 more raw than the 1er?
As far as the Z4 3.0si and 130i M Sport compared - the 130i is much rawer, because the Z4 3.0si (Coupé or Roadster) has been spoiled with an electronic power steering assistant. The 130i still has the real hydraulic steering like all other BMWs. The Z4 M (I prefer the Coupé), is then again much tighter than the 130i M Sport - but that's because of it's incredible 3.2 S54B32 engine and wonderful re-designed manual gearbox. And it has the good old hydraulic steering as well (the M-models do.)

So if you're looking for something in this weight class, regular BMW with 3.0 liter engine - specifically the N52B30 engine, go for the 130i M Sport (both Z4 3.0si and 130i also have the same 195kW/265hp/315Nm version of the engine), but if you're looking for an M car with the S54B32 engine, the Z4 M Coupé is definitely the choice. The Z4MC also has the most rigid chassis of any BMW on the market today with rigidity of 32.000Nm/o.

Best regards,

Jussi
Appreciate 0