ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

01-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1
C4talyst
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2000 VW Jetta

Just saying hi...

I'm a member of e90post and was unaware of this site until tonight. I have never been a huge fan of small roadsters...until I laid eyes on this new BMW M Coupe. I don't even know what to say about it, other than it's had an effect on me and I now need one. The rear end on this car is the sexiest on the market right now...I think (contrary to what some others have said here).

I look forward to perusing the site and eventually posting photos of my M Coupe, hehehehe...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Good to see some e90post members here. Looking forward to seeing photos of your Mcoupe!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2007, 04:44 PM   #3
BIGWILL
I heard your eyeballs move Pvt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 E Class 4Matic Sport Merc

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Hey Everyone,
I'm a E90 owner too. The other day I was at my local BMW dealership for routine service and immediately fell in love with the Z4 Coupe, I hope to get one next Feb(08) when my lease is up. I know there was a comparison to the Cayman in a recent magazine article, with that being said I would definitely look to compare the two. The Z4 Coupe obviously has the advantage price wise, but has anyone driven both???
      02-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #4
JK42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E70 BMW X5 4.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGWILL View Post
Hey Everyone,
I'm a E90 owner too. The other day I was at my local BMW dealership for routine service and immediately fell in love with the Z4 Coupe, I hope to get one next Feb(08) when my lease is up. I know there was a comparison to the Cayman in a recent magazine article, with that being said I would definitely look to compare the two. The Z4 Coupe obviously has the advantage price wise, but has anyone driven both???
Well, on track tests on many magazines the Z4 M Coupé has annihilated the Cayman S. And on Top Gear, the Z4 M Roadster annihilated the Boxter S (kinda the same, but with ragtops instead of hard top.)

And this with a 7 year old N/A engine vs. Porsche's new engines!

The Cayman S does Nürnburgring Nordschleife in 8 minutes 20 seconds, 7 seconds faster than the Boxter S. The very old E36 M3 in 8:35, or the BMW 130i in 8:35 as well (to give you a little benchmark.) The E46 M3 does it in 8:23, the Z4 M Roadster in 8 minutes 15 seconds, and the Z4 M Coupé has beaten even that at 8:09. Also in straight line acceleration the Z4's win hands down. Not to mention the fun factor... The Z4 M's (esp. Coupé) are perhaps the most fun BMW's to drive to come out so far.

Best regards,

Jussi
Appreciate 0