ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #45
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^so to speak?

maybe it's just me but i tailor my driving according to passenger. if it's with the bros then no factor. the girl then it's as smooth and quiet as possible. same applies for the folks as well.

of course, when i drive alone....
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #46
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

I was hanging out with some people in Charleston. Turns out one of the guys is into cars (he's planning on picking up an E46 M3 real soon), and asks for a ride. He's talking excitedly as we sit there waiting to turn out of the neighborhood. After the car goes by, I wait a minute to let it get way ahead and pull out onto the country road, and then I get on it (no traction control). I go through first (with a good bit of tail wagging), second, third, and let off in fourth probably somewhere around one hundred. He's been absolutely silent since I got on the throttle. As soon as I left off though, he shouts "HOLY SHIT!"

Then, later that night, this chick I'd just met and I are going to the store real quick to get some food for the group. She tells me to "show [her] how fast this thing can go." I laugh, and then repeat the same thing as with the guy above. She just starts giggling uncontrollably as soon as I touch the gas. Even after I stop (somewhere in fourth again), she continues to giggle for another 30 seconds.

The reactions people have to this thing is hilarious, although I can't exactly blame them: I usually have a shit-eating grin on my face after a some "spirited" driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #47
Jbs
The Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC BSM/Black extended

My mom thought my car was 'cute' until I got it a little loose on a few corners (it was her first time riding in the car too lol)

John Batte Photography / Flickr / Facebook
2007 ///M Coupe BSM/Black Extended/Loaded | RPi GT Exhaust w/custom gloss black tips | KW V3 | Michelin PSS 245/265 | Pinnacle F1 Tint 35% | ZHP Shift Knob
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #48
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbs View Post
My mom thought my car was 'cute' until I got it a little loose on a few corners (it was her first time riding in the car too lol)
That's funny, i had a few girls tell me they thought my car was "cute" I told them that is the absolute wrong word to use on my car. Without further explanation, i took them on a joyride and i think they then understood what i meant
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I still think it's "cute". Can't it be badass and cute at the same time?

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #50
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
I think so. My dog is pretty darn cute, but really a badass take no **** kind of dog too (no matter what the size of the person or another dog). She's also a killing machine (mice, voles, etc.). She's very cute, but means serious business--I'm sure any number of the things she's knocked off wouldn't say she's "cute". But she is to me and a lot of other people she meets. Terriers are like that, so why not the Z?

Oh, and she loves driving around in the Z. Didn't care for any of the other cars we've had (or the Scooby). But the Z? Loves it, and loves going fast it in. It's a terrier kind of car.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #51
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Only time I have really scared my mom is the first time I picked her up from work (her car was in the shop) on my motorcycle. I didn't even accelerate THAT fast and she freaked out a bit. I drove really nice the rest of the way home.

My mom claims she gets car sick so I have to drive nicely when she is on board. What a lame excuse.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #52
Z4Murder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: > speed limit

Quote:
you know i think you're right. i guess looks and performance can be rated seperately
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 08:36 AM   #53
MR PERSONALITY
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 08 Z4 M COUPE, 07 MINI GP

took my mom out for a drive, shes a real merc fan i was then told to stop so she could drive, she ended up smoking the back tyres and smiling tell me this car is brutal but like it. on stopping at home i ask her would she sell the merc all i got was NO.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #54
sipman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

My dad tells me the folks at the porsche dealership said he needs a new clutch for his boxster, and guess what his luck is: we just happen to have one here someone didn't use, we can sell you at a discount. So he asks me to check his car to see if it needs a clutch. I'm driving and he's in shotgun and I reach for the traction control.
My dad asks me what that button's for. You'll see. Lit the rear up from a turning start, into a fishtail. Slammed 2nd and broke loose, and slammed third and broke loose.
"Nope dad, you don't need a new clutch. They were just trying to move inventory. You're never going to let me drive your car by myself again, are you?"
"uhhhhh, no."
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #55
MPOWER78
Private First Class
Guatemala
Rep
Drives: 08 /// M

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipman View Post
My dad tells me the folks at the porsche dealership said he needs a new clutch for his boxster, and guess what his luck is: we just happen to have one here someone didn't use, we can sell you at a discount. So he asks me to check his car to see if it needs a clutch. I'm driving and he's in shotgun and I reach for the traction control.
My dad asks me what that button's for. You'll see. Lit the rear up from a turning start, into a fishtail. Slammed 2nd and broke loose, and slammed third and broke loose.
"Nope dad, you don't need a new clutch. They were just trying to move inventory. You're never going to let me drive your car by myself again, are you?"
"uhhhhh, no."
my brother is aways trying to drive my car, and since its not his he likes doging it and spining the tiers a lot and drives it like he carjack it trying to get away . so i dont let him drive too much he get to excited.
      06-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #56
clashcity74
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
It's a terrier kind of car.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #57
Diane
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128 coupe

Definitely a control thing. My girlfriend looved it, my husband told me to slow down. What the What? He has a BMW 535- a cadillac on crack, I call it, also I call it yer old guy car. P.s. if he doesn't like your blowdryer, maybe he should ask himself how his "blowing" is...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #58
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
the 535 is the slow one... how is that a caddy on crack? Maybe if it was a 550... or an M5.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #59
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Bump, check out this video

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/13/h...ound-laguna-s/

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #60
Endless619
DHS
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel91 View Post
I was hanging out with some people in Charleston. Turns out one of the guys is into cars (he's planning on picking up an E46 M3 real soon), and asks for a ride. He's talking excitedly as we sit there waiting to turn out of the neighborhood. After the car goes by, I wait a minute to let it get way ahead and pull out onto the country road, and then I get on it (no traction control). I go through first (with a good bit of tail wagging), second, third, and let off in fourth probably somewhere around one hundred. He's been absolutely silent since I got on the throttle. As soon as I left off though, he shouts "HOLY SHIT!"

Then, later that night, this chick I'd just met and I are going to the store real quick to get some food for the group. She tells me to "show [her] how fast this thing can go." I laugh, and then repeat the same thing as with the guy above. She just starts giggling uncontrollably as soon as I touch the gas. Even after I stop (somewhere in fourth again), she continues to giggle for another 30 seconds.

The reactions people have to this thing is hilarious, although I can't exactly blame them: I usually have a shit-eating grin on my face after a some "spirited" driving.
Nothing beats the pull of a 900 hp M3 that hooks up. You ever been on Montazuma's Revenge? You know that pull where you can feel it in your stomach? I love that feeling and you know its fast. The ZR1's felt like dogs after being in a beast car... lol And the Chevy ZR1 is no slouch either.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #61
bucko521
More of this than that!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 3.0i, Z3 2.5i

Quote:
Bump, check out this video
Best part is when the mother said "we are the winners' and "I could use a beer" Worth the 12 minutes!!

'06 Z4 3.0i Jet Black/ Biege/Black
Leather / Premium Package / DICE Silverline DUO / Stubby Antenna / Matte Black Grill
Ultimate Cup Holder x2 / Gaptech RCH+ / First Aid storagebox x2 / Acrylic Wind Deflector
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2011, 10:16 PM   #62
Tbahr
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 335d Black

Funny, I love it. My Wife and i were in SF a couple weeks ago heading up Hwy 1. in our x5 335d, witch in no way a z4, when I decide this could be fun and start driving like a race car driver. after 90 seconds... I was told to STOP it :-( well it was fun for 90 seconds.

FYI the x5 handles pretty nice for a SAV

When my lovely wife is in the car I don't even have to look at the road I know when to stop by watching her crib the seat and door handle.