ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.2

Headlight cover

Hi,

Not too sure where to post this but can someone please tell me if part number 7 on link inserted should contain a rubber seal (which is the left hand cover for a headlight). I do not want to disturb the right hand side as this is clipped in really tight.

Thanks for you help in advance. My headlight is steaming up slightly and my concern is that moisture is getting inside this cover.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...58&hg=63&fg=05
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #2
acvr4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 3.0Z4,VR4,Vehicross.Touareg

You might want to open the covers and let the moisture escape. I did this with mine, a few days opened in my garage cleared it up. Clipped the covers back on and I was good to go.
I was thinking of putting one of those small silica packing bag in it to draw the moisture out but it wasn't necessary in my case.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
Prodigy_1978
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.2

Thanks ACVR4. We have alot of rain and was concerned that water was leaking into the headlamp. I have been qoted £350 for a new headlamp, but the idea of dropping the bumper and attempting to remove the wing to fit the headlight myself sounds a nightmare.

I have take the cover off but as there is a groove running aroud the cover I was wondering whether there should be a rubber seal or just the plastic housing?
Appreciate 0