ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
nonsns3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F-Type R, Wrangler

Saying Good Bye - for now

After four great years/60k miles in a E46 330i, and three fun years 40k miles in a E85 Z4 3.0Si, I finally jumped ship. Rewind to a few months ago, I had already wanted a faster car. I started eyeing the new Z4 but was eventually turned off by claims of softer ride and the new pricing. For that price, I would have preferred the M3 - which lead me to compare cars within this class. There are some INCREDIBLE deals out there that I couldn't resist and within four days of researching, I traded in the Z4 for a MB W204 C63 AMG.

Things I loved about the Z4 (in no particular order):
  • Its unique look like no other
  • Convertible
  • Manual Transmission
  • Fuel Economy (about 2x better than the C63 - sorry environmental ppl)

Things I love about the C63 (in no particular order):
  • Power, power, and more power
  • The angry exhaust. You gotta hear it.
  • Racing compound brakes
  • Practicality - Can finally mount a bike rack

I've always been a BMW fan and will always be. It was a bit sad as I gave the Z4 a last glance through the rear view mirror of the C63. I'm leaving on good terms and expect to return to BMW for European Delivery of a turbo M3 in a few years. What I didn't think through is that girls have no idea whats a C63. All I get are guys checking out the new ride. kidding

Oh btw, I am selling a Reinhold Remote module that lets you operate the roof and windows using the existing Z4 key remote. PM me with an offer if interested. I'm in Northern VA.

UPDATE: The module is sold. Thank you for all the PMs.

Last edited by nonsns3; 08-11-2009 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #2
AWM3
BMW Fan
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, Alpine White

The C63 is a real beast and an awesome car.
I hope your back is fine and your wallet is fat, because the ride is rock hard and the cost per mile will be massive, between poor fuel mileage, high cost of insurance and taxes, and depreciation. When expensive cars are sold at a big discount, the depreciation starts from the discounted price, not the list price. So it's not like you are going to sell it for what you paid for it. But it is a great ride, and strong competition with the new M3.
Appreciate 0