ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-24-2014, 07:08 PM   #23
m5m3mc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M-B C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkle View Post
I'm very curios to see how your project progresses. I'd think the woofers in the rear would be a must. Stock sounds very tubby to me - "one note bass".
True dat. I have a Bazooka powered tube in back though so it's already light years ahead of the Carvers. My guys test fit the 6.5's in the kicks today and there was lots of room for the magnet so the 3-way Focal system is ordered and good to go for next week. They left the other Focal tweets in for the weekend and what a difference over OE they are! With good source material the improvement in clarity is readily apparent.

The OE amp might actually work fine for a straight speaker swap. Unfortunately I won't find out much more than I know now because I sprung for a six-channel Focal amp to power front and rear's. More $$$ than I might have been looking to spend but definitely the right piece for the revamped system.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #24
elerner61
Major
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4M Roadster

It'll be interesting to see how the stock amp likes the Focal mid-bass drivers since the OEMs are 2ohm.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:17 AM   #25
funkle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by elerner61 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how the stock amp likes the Focal mid-bass drivers since the OEMs are 2ohm.
My guess is they won't be as loud, since they are no where near as efficient as the OEM.
Appreciate 0