ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-13-2017, 02:11 PM   #1
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Z4M Street/Track Car

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 42,000.00
Item Interest
After a very busy year of HPDEs, I have decided to go a different direction and get a racecar and trailer. Mostly because I'm always bored of having the same car, and also I've really been digging Porsches lately.

This means that I'll have to part with the beloved Moupé - a decision that we all know I'll regret but has to be made regardless.

The car was purchased from an enthusiast who has owned two other M cars, and came to me in near perfect condition. It has records of maintenance from the last two owners, performed either at dealerships or very reputed indy shops. During my ownership, the car has seen nothing but the best in terms of maintenance and aftermarket parts. All work performed by either Turner or Wile Motorsports, both very good shops in the northeast.

Comes with VERY detailed maintenance receipts, spreadsheet of records, multiple Blackstone reports (2-3 this year only, and more from before), inspection reports with compression/VANOS tests, and so on. I also have two more spare sets of wheels (OEM and APEX), brake parts, cosmetic parts, original booklets and manuals, two sets of keys, OEM car cover, and misc OEM parts to go with the car. Everything will go to the buyer.

General Info

VIN: 5UMDU93517LM08464
Mileage: 39,500
Track use, and driving from track to back. No street use or commutes.
Parked under an OEM car cover. Always.
No smoking, no pets, no food in car. Ever.
I'm a BMW CCA and PCA member, for what it's worth, and you may have seen this car at Northeast events this year.

Interior is 8/10

Removed bulkhead trim to install harness bar and, as such, bulkhead area is currently exposed. I have the trim pieces and can have them re-installed before selling if the buyer would like that.

The driver side door has a small scuff on the inside trim where the racing seat touches it when closed. I can live with it, but mentioning it because I know some people are more particular.

Everything else is in great condition. No damage or scratches elsewhere, and interior is regularly cleaned and conditioned.

Exterior is 8/10

The exterior has typical wear for a 10 year old car, but is in pretty good condition especially given the track use. I can have it detailed professionally before selling.

I regularly (3-4 times a month) wash and condition the exterior at a self-serve car wash. Never an automatic car wash, so no swirls or stupid scratch marks to be found here.

This is not a garage queen or show car, so expect some imperfections. I'll share as much as possible with interested buyers, but please do not expect a showroom quality car. That said, it's better than most new track cars I've seen.

Mechanical is 10/10
And I've got the reports to show it.

Upgrades include

35% window tint (street legal in MA)
CDV delete
Vibra technic motor mounts
Rogue transmission mount
Clutch stop
Aluminum pedals
Valentine V-1 direct-wire power adapter
Dash cam with SD card
Stubby antenna
Ultimate cup holder
Blackout front grilles
Body color painted front/rear reflectors
Tekcarbon rear lip spoiler
Greyscale M and roundel stickers
AFE Intake
SS Powerloops
SS x-pipe
RacingBrake BBK on front and rear
2 extra sets of pads
Spare set of OEM rotors for front and rear
Spare set of SS brake lines for front
Square wheel setup - Apex ARC 8 with Ventus RS4 265/55/18
Two spare sets of wheels (One OEM, One Apex Arc 8 staggered with PSS tires)
Turner camber bolts
Turner RTAB limiters
F+R Sway bars and end links
Reinforced sway bar mounting points
Cobra Seats
Schroth Profi II 6pt harnesses
OEM seatbelts retained, mounted via FIA bolts
Custom built harness bar, over-engineered to withstand over 1,000lbs
ZHP knob
Lots of preventative maintenance and inspections between track days

Logistics of Sale

More pics and details available once I wrap up the season at Palmer this weekend, but I'm happy to chat with interested buyers in the meanwhile. Can facilitate (and encourage) a PPI, will work on shipping, and happy to share any other details and info. Feel free to PM me and we can exchange emails/phone numbers and talk.

Certified bank checks for the entire agreed sale amount only. No exceptions.

Price is based on what I observe current Z4M values to be, and what I would be happy paying for a low-mileage, well-prepped and cared for track car with lots of extras. If you don't like the price then we can talk, provided I see that you are a serious buyer.

I'm in no rush to sell at all, and would be more than happy to store for the winter and continue running this car for another year. Please consider that before making an offer.

Thanks for reading!

Edit: Took a few more pics today to show the seats and harness setup. Can provide more pics on request.

Last edited by bananabun; 10-16-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Forgot to add price!
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2017, 03:05 PM   #2
sandwood
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4M, formerly e90 M3

Oh goodness, if only I had seen this a week or two ago. I bought mine last week and am going exactly in the direction you took yours. Nice car - good luck with the sale. Have you run Summit Point main or VIR? If so, mind if I ask what your times were like? Never went for coilover suspension setup? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwood View Post
Oh goodness, if only I had seen this a week or two ago. I bought mine last week and am going exactly in the direction you took yours. Nice car - good luck with the sale. Have you run Summit Point main or VIR? If so, mind if I ask what your times were like? Never went for coilover suspension setup? Thanks!
Thanks!

I've only run Lime Rock, Club Motorsports, Watkins Glen, Thompson, and Palmer. Most recently, I broke the low 2 min mark at Palmer but that was with a friend measuring with an iPhone. Not the best way to do it, but I have my eyes on an Aim setup.

Spoke with a bunch of Z4M owners about suspension setup...two of them even being long-time instructors. They strongly recommended that I start with springs first, especially since the stock M suspension is in good condition due to mileage. I A/B test every single upgrade at Lime Rock and that's why I haven't done the springs yet. It's going to be the first thing I do for next year if I still have the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #4
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump for updated pictures.
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2017, 04:54 PM   #5
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just returned from a trip to Burlington VT and the car is an absolute blast on highways, and rides well for a track setup too. Perfect street/track combo right here.

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 06:02 PM   #6
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabun View Post
Just returned from a trip to Burlington VT and the car is an absolute blast on highways, and rides well for a track setup too. Perfect street/track combo right here.

Great car...good luck with the sale
I just returned from Burlington VT as well....fun roads to drive. VT, NH and Maine.
Appreciate 2
      10-25-2017, 12:24 PM   #7
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks! I couldn't resist taking the car out for one last roadtrip before storage season. VT is absolutely gorgeous and it was a lot of fun driving around on the back roads there.

Maine still remains my favorite, though. From Bar Harbor to the Forks, to the ski slopes to rapids...it's def 'the way life should be' as it says on their license plates.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 11:57 AM   #8
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Blackstone Sep 17.pdf (58.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by bananabun; 11-07-2017 at 12:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 12:26 PM   #9
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Bump! Car is going into storage later this week.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #10
bananabun
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Car has been winterized and stored today, but is still for sale if you see this ad.
Appreciate 0