ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #1
Rombbb
Private
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

Happy new Z4MC owner, but rear camber is off

Looks like left rear wheel has more camber than the right.

Car has the KW Variant V2 coilovers set, but can't find anywhere whether they have adjustable camber at the rear. In the pic it's not really clear but it really has quite a lot of camber to the left.

At the right the wheel and fender pretty much line up. At the left the top of wheel is a bit inwards into the fender.

I noticed after purchase that the car had some kind of paint job, so I was immediately worried that it's simply a bent suspension setup or something due to past damage

Would that be possible or do you think it's simply a matter of re-aligning the KW's ?

Thanks !

Name:  Rear-camber-pic.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  79.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #2
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Can't tell from the picture. Take it to an alignment shop.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
Rombbb
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Can't tell from the picture. Take it to an alignment shop.
Ok thanks, but thing with alignment shops is, besides the price, whether they know all cars. You have to clear quite some upholstery to get to the springs in the back so assuming this is their first Z4, before they go figuring that out for themselves (under time pressure because I'm not their only customer, probably), I'd like to know whether those KW V2's are adjustable at all at the back.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Why would they need to clear anything to adjust the camber in the rear? The rear cambers are adjusted via 2 eccentric bolts on the lower control arm.

Camber adjustment is independent of whatever aftermarket coil overs you have on. The only question is how much lowered the car is and if the camber is out of the adjustment range due to excessive lowering. My alignment shop was able to get my KW clubsport rear camber to exactly 2.0 degrees, dead balls accurate.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Rombbb
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Why would they need to clear anything to adjust the camber in the rear? The rear cambers are adjusted via 2 eccentric bolts on the lower control arm.

Camber adjustment is independent of whatever aftermarket coil overs you have on. The only question is how much lowered the car is and if the camber is out of the adjustment range due to excessive lowering. My alignment shop was able to get my KW clubsport rear camber to exactly 2.0 degrees, dead balls accurate.
Thanks man ! Just the info I needed. Up to the alignment shop it is
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 08:43 PM   #6
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

It looks like you have too much toe, the front of the rear tires are pointing inward too much.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0