ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

07-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
cossied
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 z4 3.0si

E86 front bumper

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi just joined the forum glad to be here, I have a 2008 Z4 3.0.SI coupe and I don't like the front so much, after comparing the Aero and ZM and the Shnitzer I thinks it will be this one, any thoughts thanks Ed
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
papitosabe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe

I've always liked it I have a white coupe and saw it on a white one and it looks off, like the lines don't meet up near the outsides, but some guy on here posted his recently and he's got the blue... I think its interlagos blue, I forgot the name, just had a brain fart.. and its either on here or bimmerfest... I think the darker colors would be fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #3
Z4inAZ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 2.5 03

I think it looks terrible ...sorry, but WHAT is with those ridges in the middle? And couldnt they have integrated it better? But its your car. Heres the thread with the gentleman who has it on his car. PS thats a Hamman piece

(click the picture for the thread)

Cant help but notice how convenient it is that the Hamman lip matches up perfectly with the lower grill on the prefacelift AND the foglights on the facelift. Actually looking at it now, I think it was designed for the facelift bumper (the lines work much better, the top side of the lip add-on matches the line where the facelift fogs terminate, making it sit more flush and look better, and the duct area on the sides looks a bit more fully fleshed on the facelift).

I would like to see one of these with a bodyshop moulding it in, instead of just being placed over the bumper (and the middle ridges smoothed down, lol)
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
papitosabe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4inAZ View Post
PS thats a Hamman piece

Cant help but notice how convenient it is that the Hamman lip matches up perfectly with the lower grill on the prefacelift AND the foglights on the facelift. Actually looking at it now, I think it was designed for the facelift bumper (the lines work much better, the top side of the lip add-on matches the line where the facelift fogs terminate, making it sit more flush and look better, and the duct area on the sides looks a bit more fully fleshed on the facelift).

I would like to see one of these with a bodyshop moulding it in, instead of just being placed over the bumper (and the middle ridges smoothed down, lol)
ah, I think it was the Schnizter one that had in my mind that looked real, real bad.. the lines are off way more than this one...

I actually like this one...if it could only have a custom job to have things seamed better, like you mentioned....and I don't mind the ridges, but would like to see how they'd look without them..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 07:19 PM   #5
Urluz3n
Lackey
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW M Coupe

I think Schnizter is way over priced. The Hamann bumper is hideous. If anything I think the M Bumper looks better (although it is sacrilegious to install it on a non M).