ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-24-2011, 09:44 PM   #199
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

^whoa, hopefully tt's 10 to 11 hours labor of love! yeah, hopefully it isn't blazing hot like it's been lately. hoping for even more cars yet, plus my buddy's coming along to take a deluge of pics.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #200
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
New to the San Antonio area...at least for the next year or so. Any events or drives or coffee socials near me?
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 12:04 AM   #201
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

^dude, come out for monthly coffee and rides at the vineyard shops off 1604 and blanco. cars ranging from old american muscle to modern day hyper exotics fill up the lots in front of panera bread by about 8.30am or so every last saturday of each month. this next one will be on saturday, 30th july, for example. i've attended every single one since july last year in my interlagos m coupe, and i'm usually the ONLY z4/z4m there save a couple of times a few other forum members show as well.

the hill country west of san antonio has some gorgeous elevation changes and twisty, low-traffic roads. of course, the further west u go, the more deserted the roads get. a popular route is 337 to leakey and then up north to kerrville. if u're game for driving a bit further, then hwy 55 and utopia are other alternatives. i'm based way west in del rio so i've got my own hill country routes through fm674 and 377.

if u're ever game for a track event, there are hpde's organized at harris hill road in san marcos (40 miles north on i-35 exit 206). it is a member's only track so if u're interested in signing up for a membership, the folks there would be more than happy to help. really nice 1.6 mile road course.

are u based in either randolph or lackland?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #202
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

I'm registered. Anyone else in the Dallas area?

BMW Lone Star AutoX
http://www.dfwautoclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9142
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 05:44 PM   #203
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
^dude, come out for monthly coffee and rides at the vineyard shops off 1604 and blanco. cars ranging from old american muscle to modern day hyper exotics fill up the lots in front of panera bread by about 8.30am or so every last saturday of each month. this next one will be on saturday, 30th july, for example. i've attended every single one since july last year in my interlagos m coupe, and i'm usually the ONLY z4/z4m there save a couple of times a few other forum members show as well.

the hill country west of san antonio has some gorgeous elevation changes and twisty, low-traffic roads. of course, the further west u go, the more deserted the roads get. a popular route is 337 to leakey and then up north to kerrville. if u're game for driving a bit further, then hwy 55 and utopia are other alternatives. i'm based way west in del rio so i've got my own hill country routes through fm674 and 377.

if u're ever game for a track event, there are hpde's organized at harris hill road in san marcos (40 miles north on i-35 exit 206). it is a member's only track so if u're interested in signing up for a membership, the folks there would be more than happy to help. really nice 1.6 mile road course.

are u based in either randolph or lackland?

Would love to get a country drive together! did one with a few Evos when i was in the Evo community and still remember how great the drive was!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 06:40 PM   #204
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

^elliot, when i'm based in randolph in about a month's time, we could make a trip out to hill country with a few others if u'd like. there're a couple of friends tt have vws and audis tt would be game. let me just say tt 337 with rpi's is out-of-this-world
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #205
TexasZed4MC
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Z4 M Coupe

Just checking in for the thread,

Lone Star Chapter BMWCCA HPDE Event Chair, Texas Trifecta Event Chair, & BMWCCA driving Instructor
Appreciate 0