ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-24-2016, 05:56 PM   #23
SaltyNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixboy View Post
Salty, my indy charged me 4 hours to install shocks/springs which I guess take a little longer to put together than coilovers, but he also replaced the FCABs, shock/strut mounts, bump stops, spring pads, and dust boots. I didn't really know which wear items needed to be replaced, so I thought it was worth it to get it done at the shop where they look at these things every day and can tell if the rubber is starting to crack or not. The worn parts they replaced cost me an extra $200 (all OEM), so find out if your estimate includes some/all of these extra rubber parts that might need to be replaced. I had the alignment done at a specialty shop for $150.
Thanks, Twix. I will probably do the bushings at the same time while everything is off. That's a good deal if he got all of that done in 4 hrs.

Salty
Aux Port|LED Interior|LED Strip Trunk|Underseat First Aid Box|Stubby Antenna|Intravee II|BMW Oil Change Kit|Top Down Side Panels|Vibra Technics Engine Mounts|Rogue Trans Mounts|Engine Mount Bolts Upgrade|RS Windblocker|Euro Front Plate|M5 Illum Shift Knob|Supersprint Powerloop Exhaust|Gruppe-M Intake|RPI Scoop|Black Grills|19x8.5 ET35 F 19x9.5 ET22 R Sportline 8s PSS| Besian Vanos|CDV Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #24
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
Thanks, Twix. I will probably do the bushings at the same time while everything is off. That's a good deal if he got all of that done in 4 hrs.

Salty
Yeah, but he also took 3 hours to replace a wheel bearing. It was done at Turner Motorsports, so I guess they get a lot of business installing performance mods vs doing regular maintenance
Appreciate 0