ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Navigation, Audio, Bluetooth, Stereo, Electronics Talk
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #1
snowmirage
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i

Exclamation Aux port installed feedback from cig lighter?

I'm leaving for a 10hr drive tomorrow and would really appreciate some input if anyone has any ideas.

I just installed the OEM AUX input on my 03 Z4, (replaces the ash tray) Works fine if I don't have anything plugged into the cigaret ligher

the moment I plug in my cell phone to charge it (even if the phone isn't connected and I just plug in the charger) I get lots of feed back over the aux port.

thought I had managed to twist the aux line around the power cord or something and was getting "cross talk" or such but re rand the wire as far away as I could and nothing really changed.

10+ hour drive home tomorrow and I was really looking forward to some audio books / music.

I would greatly appreciate any advice / ideas anyone might have.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Might be too late but on my old z4 3.0 I installed an extra 12V port in the back of the centre console for charging things out of sight. If you lift the rear bulkhead carpet you can see the back of the console box. Buy a 12v plug from radio shack and run it to the battery (make sure to fuse it).
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
pyo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
Its feedback from the electrical system. Mines does the exact same thing. I personally haven't done anything to resolve issue but a friend of mine bought something similar to this to get rid of the whine
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0031U..._d_detail?pd=1
Appreciate 0