ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-09-2011, 06:08 PM   #23
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipkiller View Post
Nikki, I can not believe no one has snapped up your Coupe'! It is a unique color, since only 68 were produced....
Yeah, I'm not in a rush to sell but I feel like the price is fair, also since it's OBO. We'll see.

Appreciate 0
      05-10-2011, 11:16 AM   #24
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Interesting, apparently new and used car prices have climbed overall, not just for our cars.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/a-...-shoppers.html

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #25
DR Z4
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M Roadster

Car prices are on the rise overall, and there is the nice weather factor to consider, but for these cars in particular, there is another variable at play.

When the cars were new, particularly in 2007, the dealers were practically giving them away. Heavy discounts, below invoice were common, and there was major trunk money available from the factory. When I leased my 2007 3.0 Z4, I got a huge deal on it. While the cars were still in production, and while new 2008 stock still remained available, that had a major depressive effect on the resale prices. If someone in the states could get an M for $38K-$40K brand new, what could a used one possibly be worth by comparison?

Now that there are no new ones, used values are assessed as a percentage of MSRP, rather than a % of the actual transaction price. As well, the new e89 Z4 is considerably more expensive, so that pushes used values up.

There are also plenty of people who don't want the new z4, either due to reduced driver involvement compared to the M, or the complete lack of useable trunk due to the folding hardtop.

This is a good thing for current owners, and brings the Ms more inline with typical used car values for BMWs. As it was, the cars were completely undervalued.

The other factor is that this is much more of a niche car than a e90 335 for example, so there are fewer potential buyers. That being said, as prices generally come down, these cars become affordable for some less experienced drivers, who may not be ready for this level of power and performance; as a result, a certain number of cars will be totalled, and the pool of cars will go down. With increased scarcity, prices will rise somewhat.

Don't flame me for this last comment; I was one of those drivers not that long ago. As you get a bit older, you have more to lose, and tend not to hoon the car on the street, preferring to save it for the track. If I had this car when I was 19, I'd probably be dead by now.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #26
shitbrownMcoupe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 z4 M coupe

2 years back i was considering ridding my m coupe for a m5. dealer offered 34000 cdn. had 14000 km on it. sat in the garage 80 percent of the time. so i decided to keep it. luckily i did

H&R Coilovers, BBS LM-R 19's, K&N Drop Filter.
SS step headers, race cats, x pipe, sport mufflers
Brembo BBK Yellow
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #27
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

At carmax my buddy appraised his 08 vette w/ 30k mi at $26k about 6 month ago. Today he received $30k.

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0