ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #1
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
Repadded my seats

I have always thought the seats in this car were crap. I know the car is 10 years old and the seats have taken some sitting in, but my 300 is 24 years old and has almost twice the miles and the seats in it are super comfortable and can be comfortable for many hours of driving. The Z4 gets rough after about an hour to me.

So I yanked them and had a guy open them up and reinforce them and add another layer of denser padding. So far I think it helped a lot.

I also took the time to scrub the seats all up and protect them while I had them out. If you think your seats are spotless - take them out and get them in the sunlight!

I also took the time to clean all the carpeting up under the seats - which were surprising very clean. I did have a few spots from the seat grease , so I got some of this to try on them.

http://www.amazon.com/BlueMagic-900-...carpet+cleaner

All I can say is WOW - this stuff works great! Just spray it on and wait a few seconds and hit with a clean dry cloth and it came out like magic. Very impressed with this and plan to go through my SUV with it this weekend.

So far I think the new padding will help a ton. He also added some layers of vinyl in there between the springs and stuff to help keep them from "feeling" through. Cost was $180 - seems to be well worth it so far.

FYI if anyone else is wondering about giving it a try.
      08-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

The product Spot Shot is also excellent for stains/grease on carpets. $5 at most grocery and big box stores.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 04:47 PM   #3
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

Wow- very cool. I like the idea of keeping the car looking new as well as running good.
Appreciate 0