ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #1
azpinator
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Z4 x M3 x RX8 x 350Z

Hello guys...
My name is Paulo Kenji...
I'm a new member of this board... Nice to meet you..

I live in Brazil, 22y/o... work in a star up enterprise (very small one... =) founded by myself part of my time... other part of it, I work at my father's company and in the other one I study at a business school here in São Paulo.

I love cars. In Brazil we are allowed to drive after 18.. and at that time, my passion was sport cars...
After that, the "tuning fashion" passed and I started lovin' the DUB style. Luxury cars w/ nice wheels... Of course, I'm a great fan of Exotics and GT's... but hello! I´m 22 and I was not born in a Rich family. (I hope my son can tell a different story, if you understand what I mean..=) So I can't afford Ferraris, Lambos, Aston Martins, Bentley's or Range Rovers...

Well.. In Brazil.. cars are a "little bit" more expensive than in US... thats why choose the "best for the buck" is a hard task. For US$ 100.000,00 we can take a '04 BMW Z4, a '03 BMW M3, a '04 NISSAN 350Z and a '05 MAZDA RX8.

Hey... I still can't afford any of those cars (I don't plan asking for my father's help..).. but maybe next year one of them appears in my garage.

So.. I know they are VERY different cars... But for the money.... w/ one do you guys think would offer more pleasure and why?

Thankz a lot, and sorry for the non especific Z4 thread....

PK.

_azp_
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Which model Z4 would it be ?
      12-13-2006, 09:19 PM   #3
azpinator
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUICE View Post
Which model Z4 would it be ?
Here in Brazil BMW send just one model (roadster): The 3.0 automatic
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

I had a 350z and traded it for my z4 Mcoupe. A 350z (used) in the states a quite a bit less than a 02+ M3. The 350 is a great car, easy to maintain, LOTS of mods, and body kits if your in to that, but not much gain on the performance mods unless you go turbo or supercharger. the M3 is probably going to cost more to maintain, but has a back seat and a GREAT interior (and its a little faster) but more expensive to mod.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #5
azpinator
Registered
Rep
Drives:

=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwank View Post
I had a 350z and traded it for my z4 Mcoupe. A 350z (used) in the states a quite a bit less than a 02+ M3. The 350 is a great car, easy to maintain, LOTS of mods, and body kits if your in to that, but not much gain on the performance mods unless you go turbo or supercharger. the M3 is probably going to cost more to maintain, but has a back seat and a GREAT interior (and its a little faster) but more expensive to mod.
Thanks for sharing your experience...

Yeah.. If I go 350Z, my plans are the veilside bodykit and TT... =)

the Z4M would be perfect... but I just can't afford it now..

I know the M3 has a much nicer interior.. and room.. but feel like I need something more sporty and less luxury.. you know... Like a nice weekend toy.

The Z4 is much more elegant... and the 350Z is more interesting when it comes to driving emotion...(and has a better interior IMO)...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #6
schwank
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 z4 m coupe

Id buy another 350z if I didnt have my m coupe... it did very well on the track, and as a daily driver
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Inkidoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I like the Z4, but if it is not an M, I don't give a damn. I would also go for the 350Z. I am from venezuela, and I drive one back home. Excellent car, fast fast fast = fun fun fun.
|| 335i Sedan || Montego Blue || Black Leather || Aluminum Trim || Sport Package || STEPTRONIC || Paddle Shifters || BWM Assist/Bluetooth || Park Distance Control || Comfort Access || Navigation System || Satellite Radio ||
Appreciate 0