ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #1
BAVAUTOLOVER
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M Roadster

What brakes to go with on a 2006 Z4M?

Hello. I was curious to ask everyone's opinion on what are their recommendations for brake pads and rotors for a 2006 M that will me tracked.I will keep the factory calipers. Also, how much better will they feel over factory? My factory ones feel amazing and really can stop the car quick. Thanks for the input. I'm seeing lots of good thing about Pagid RS29's.

Last edited by BAVAUTOLOVER; 08-06-2014 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2014, 05:27 PM   #2
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Rotors, OEM or what Turner carries. Price being the deciding factor, and as long as their floating rotors.

Racing Brake makes a nice product, replaceable rotor rings, thicker, initial price point is higher, some difference in pad choices from OEM. Works with stock calipers.

Pads? What tires are you using and what's your skill level? Price considerations?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #3
Barryb97
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

I use the Precision Friction -08 pads for the track. Work great for me.
CDV delete, clutch stop, BMW pedals, Strongstrut bar, CF rad & coil cover, M3 reps, roundel under hood, Intravee II, air bag sticker delete, first aid storage, painted reflectors, headlight washer disable, Skyer CF front lip, Short shift kit, Leather Z arm rest, Stromung exhaust, RPI scoop, RTAB limiters, powerflex bushings, TC Kline DA coilovers, PB big brake kit, Skyer CF rear spoiler and diffuser, oil pressure and water temp guages.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:54 PM   #4
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barryb97
I use the Precision Friction -08 pads for the track. Work great for me.
Very popular option and good reviews.

OP, I have a full set of DTC60s, front and rear, new in box if you're interested. Good pad as well, and I'm willing to deal. Pm me if any interest.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #5
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan
OP, I have a full set of DTC60s, front and rear, new in box if you're interested. Good pad as well, and I'm willing to deal. Pm me if any interest.
If you want to sell your DTC60s quick and for decent price, you may want to try M3Forums.net. I sold my PFC-11 front, PFC-08 rear (the rears are designed for the DirectDrive or RacingBrake rear rotors) there for a decent price, and I had offers within a day of what I was asking for (I priced it too low).
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0