ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > BMW Z4 Photos, Photoshops, Videos and other Media
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #1
Matty C
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Roadster, 2006 M3

2007 Z4 MR OEM Exhaust

Photos prior to having the Eisenmann Race with 4 x 83 cm Race Exhaust installed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Bammered
Track Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 ///M COUPE

Garage List
Doesnt look like you ever washed your pipes, tips are Dirtaay...
Bet the new exhaust will be nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
fitchesbass
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice install - I bet the sound is amazing.

It the stock exhaust is kept clean it looks decent imo. Although I do wish it had a little more 'balls' to it when you jump on it.

Here is my stocker:

Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
ANILE8
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupé - Carbon Black

There is very little to be gained if anything by changing the stock exhaust on the Z4-M. Not all changes result in more power or a better sound.

Why would you bother...

Some people attitudes on here is if it's 'stock' it can't be any good.
Nitron NTR R3 | StopTech Trophy Sport STR-60 380x32mm / StopTech Trophy Sport STR-40 355x32mm | Bridgestone RE-71RS | ADV.1 | CDV Delete | TMS Rear Camber Arms | RE Diablo's | 4.10 Gears | Euro Headers | RTD REVO1 Short Shifter
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Bammered
Track Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4 ///M COUPE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANILE8 View Post
There is very little to be gained if anything by changing the stock exhaust on the Z4-M. Not all changes result in more power or a better sound.

Why would you bother...

Some people attitudes on here is if it's 'stock' it can't be any good.
Well the stock exhaust has almost NO sound what so ever. The only noise I could hear with my stock exhaust car was the sound from the engine compartment. Remember that an OEM exhaust must cater to all buyers of the product. It must appeal to everyone and anyone. For most people on this board ( enthusiasts) a higher degree of volume is appreciated if not absolutely required.

The supersprint race cans and x-pipe made a gigantic difference in the sound output (good) and also got rid of the unsightly OEM cans which hung below the car like testicles.. It made the car much more pleasurable to drive and gave a wicked feral cry when WOT. It just depends on what you personally want from your car. I want a performance car I can feel AND HEAR, the the stock exhaust didnt cut it for me volumme wise or aesthetically.

With the race cans, x-pipe and headers I can assure you that there has been a considerable performance gain. A large increase in mid-range tq and top end power can be felt and seen when compared to an ///MCoupe not running headers.

To be honest its all in what your used too. I sometimes think i can go louder still, but for the time being i will stick to the current header/primary cat delete/x-pipe and race cans.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Matty C
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 M Roadster, 2006 M3

As a Z4 MR owner and a E46 M3 owner I know that the Z4 M does not speak German the way the M3 does. Only two things effect that, air intake and exhaust. I first added a RPI ram and I noticed a difference. Now I am waiting for the Eisenmann Race be built at the Factory before they install it. The current exhaust has only 78 db, the Eisenmann Race is at 81 db at idle. I bet the car speaks perfect German then. Stock is nice but some things can be improved. The car was like a girl with a A cup now it will have DD's, oh what an improvement!
Appreciate 0