ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
sapienti
Rep
Drives: '95 325i, black '07 Z4 coupe

Slight lurch when accelerating

Hi guys,

I have a 3.0si, bone stock. I left work the other day, and when I accelerated the car lurched, almost like having a bad coil.

The condition was not dependent on speed or rpm, but it was very repeatable. Press on gas, and the thing would buck a bit. Seemed to be less prone to the condition under load (eg: accelerating from 50mph in 6th gear). Which is opposite what you'd expect from a bad coil. It did seem slightly down on power, but that could have just been my imagination.

So, I stop for something at the store, when I come back out & drive home the problem went away. It occurred only briefly one other time, the next morning and never again since then.

My guess is that some valve or sensor may be sticking or needs to be cleaned. Any thoughts?

-Dan
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
sapienti
Rep
Drives: '95 325i, black '07 Z4 coupe

Also, not affected by Sport Mode nor were there any CELs. There is a slightly twitchy idle but unsure ifthis is related or not. Thanks for reading.

-Dan
Appreciate 0