ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #1
jimbojsb
Mthusiast
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Garage List
2006 X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2020 M4 Competition  [0.00]
2001 740i  [0.00]
2006 M Roadster  [0.00]
Thinking about buying -- Good price?

Hi all,

I've read this forum almost end to end, and finally found a Z4M to buy I think.

Here is a link to the car:
http://www.mcginniscadillac.com/Vehi...ails/451278853

The car has had the M badges remove (i know...why?). It has 19" gunmetal rims with Yokohama rubber in decent condition. Also has an Eisenmann sport exhaust system. The car was a 2 year lease vehicle so just 1 owner. Interior is in excellent condition. It does have one scuff about half an inch on the front bumper, looks like a hard rock hit. I've negotiated down to 28,700. What do ya'll think, is that a good price for this M? I'm thinking yes since it has an exhaust system worth upwards of $2000 on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbojsb View Post
Hi all,

I've read this forum almost end to end, and finally found a Z4M to buy I think.

Here is a link to the car:
http://www.mcginniscadillac.com/Vehi...ails/451278853

The car has had the M badges remove (i know...why?). It has 19" gunmetal rims with Yokohama rubber in decent condition. Also has an Eisenmann sport exhaust system. The car was a 2 year lease vehicle so just 1 owner. Interior is in excellent condition. It does have one scuff about half an inch on the front bumper, looks like a hard rock hit. I've negotiated down to 28,700. What do ya'll think, is that a good price for this M? I'm thinking yes since it has an exhaust system worth upwards of $2000 on it.
I think it a good price for a car with some nice mods. Good color combo and decent mileage as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #3
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Z4MR

The price is fair. Just make sure it has the options you want and that it is the right one for you. There are several great deals out there now, so at that price you can take your pick. In my opinion this is a great color combo.

If you like this one, beat them up on the price a bit more and then take her home. Remember... we love the mods, but in the dealer world this lowers the value of the car.

Good Luck.
      09-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
VitaminT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Like the OP said, mods may be nice in your eyes buy they detract from the value of the car so I would think you could do better on the price. I bought my mint 06 in April with nav, extended leather, extended maintenance $61k sticker with 13.5k for $30,500 and felt like I paid too much.

Looks like that car might have a short throw shifter too...kindof hard to tell by the pics. Anyway I would think $27k is a pretty good price for the car. Remember a GREAT deal requires hardball negotiations, not just asking them to come off the price. If they are local, pay a visit, drive the car, make them an offer you know they won't accept, say 26.5 or 27k. Let them cull it over for a bit and if they say they won't do it, thank them for their time, and leave. If you are anywhere close, within $1k, they will usually call you within a day or so meeting you in the middle somewhere. When I bought my SLK55 we haggled over price a bit and I made an offer about $1200 less than they were wanting to take...had to walk out leave, letting them know that it was a no go for me..see ya. About 2hrs later they came off another $775 and I picked the car up.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
jimbojsb
Mthusiast
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Garage List
2006 X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2020 M4 Competition  [0.00]
2001 740i  [0.00]
2006 M Roadster  [0.00]
I picked the car up in Houston yesterday. Couldn't be more pleased with it. Unfortunately, it's rainy in south Texas this weekend, so I haven't had a chance to enjoy it with the top down yet.
Appreciate 0