ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-02-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
JayL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, X3

Vorshlag Camber Plates - Maximizing caster rather than camber

Who's running these camber plates on their Z4M? I initially went with camber plates to get more camber but I'm now thinking I can best utilize them by setting them up to add extra caster while still being able to get about 3 degrees of camber.

How do you have them setup, for camber or caster? If you have them setup for caster, would you be willing to share what specs you've been able to get from them along with how you have them oriented (a picture would be great, still trying to wrap my mind around how to adjust them to limit what the shop will need to do)?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
The caster adjustments are fixed points and I think they come shipped with max caster. So it's just matter of maxing out the camber at whichever caster setting you choose.

https://www.vorshlag.com/camberplate_faq.php

Last edited by 3002 tii; 05-03-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
CTMP4me
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 Z4MC, '71 240Z with S54

I run these plates and have the alignment maxed out at -2.5 degrees camber with max caster (around 8 degrees caster).

To get to a similar setting, you will probably need to cut into the raised lip around the strut tower opening so the shock top nut can be moved enough inboard.

The plates come engraved with arrows that should point to the front of the car and also with right/left markings (from driver's point of view).
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
JayL
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Z4MC, X3

Thank you, I don't think I'll cut into the raised lip but I will adjust them for more caster and see what it leaves me with for camber.

Vorshlag also sent me a few photos this morning and mine are definitely adjusted for max camber.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
joenationwide
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4R

I just installed Vorshlag camber plates, and I can confirm at the max caster setting you will need to cut the tops of the strut tower holes to get more than -2.5 degree camber.

Here I put tape around the area that I bent out of the way. I had to bend the metal pretty far back in order for the camber to be adjusted to maximum settings.

Appreciate 0