ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Wheels and Tires
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Ranton
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M Coupe - IB

Dinan Wheels on Z4MC?

Has anyone bought these wheels and slap'em on an MC?

I'm considering 2 lighweight 19'' setups and on the fence regarding a set of Volk RE30 like the ones our fellow zposter - Burt Reynolds had on his speedpod, btw nice setup & combination you have there, or a set of Dinan 19'' rims wrapped with PS2s.
These are the wheels I am talking about:
http://www.dinancars.com/store/produ...cat=389&page=1

Part # D750-4990/48RDC
Part#: D750-4910/35RDC

Thank you for your assistance!

R
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

i would consider Advan RS if i were u even though they are cast but they are even lighter than dinan and volk (advan is currently being used by many race teams).
Also another option is Morr alloy VS8 or VS7 however i am not very sure about the quality compared to the big names outa there. Since they are relatively new company and their wheels are not being used by any race team. However their reputation on E90 post is so far so good therefore i would consider it as well.

Personally Dinan is a little bit boring to me so is the RE 30 (especially in silver).
      03-23-2009, 12:36 AM   #3
The__J__Factor
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M Coupe

Advan Rs are hot, i would really like a set in gunmetal. But the wait time is like 90days or something if its not in stock
Z4 M Coupe - H&R - RE Diablo - RPi - Tekarbon - Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__J__Factor View Post
Advan Rs are hot, i would really like a set in gunmetal. But the wait time is like 90days or something if its not in stock
Yea definitely the wait time for E46 m fitment is like 3 month minimum and for advan if vendors tell u it will come in three month then it is more likely to be four lol.

They do have new m3 fitment in stock though maybe silver for e46 m fitment.

However RS is being played out a little bit.
      03-23-2009, 01:56 AM   #5
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

ive seen dinan wheels in the flesh. they are nice! really wide in the back. 10 inches if i recall. personally im not into chrome lips or lips in general.

have to agree with the guys. advan rs are a nice lightweight affortable one piece wheel. but if you like the 2 piece look go with the RE30s or the dinan wheels. cant go wrong with any of them.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #6
Z4MCJJ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4MC

I have 19" BBS RGRs but I want some track wheels.

What about these? http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

The guy I bought my Volks from bought Advan RS wheels for his new M3. They look really nice on his car. From what I remember him saying, they were not lighter than the volks but a relatively good deal and a sharp looking wheel.

The Dinan wheels look nice in my opinion.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Ranton
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M Coupe - IB

Thanks for all the responses! I'm guessing there are not a lot of people with these wheels on the *post.

Regarding being boring, that's ok. I want to go with a restraint, conservative look as well, though the IB paint on my car does not help. I'm also getting ST-60/ST-40 Calipers F&R in either Silver or Black without the StopTech logo-insignia.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:47 PM   #9
Burt Reynolds
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Stoptechs FTW! Nice.
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Appreciate 0