ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-11-2023, 08:18 AM   #1
vagelisd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 2.2L E85 2003

Z4 e85 cracking/squeaking noise (video attached)

Hello, this is my first time posting in these forums.

Below you will find two youtube videos which i recorded and describes the issue that i am having, it is like squeaking/creaking, you can clearly hear it although in the second video is a bit clearer. I am about 99% sure that it is coming from the back side of the car it when the wheels very slowly going through a bump or through a pothole (again slowly).

https://youtube.com/shorts/E1I9KPgJkb8?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/iisFNMwNOzc?feature=share

The car is just rolling freely, no breaks applied . Any ideas what it might be ? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vagelisd; 09-11-2023 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2023, 02:04 PM   #2
Clearancediver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Z4

Google Z4 RTAB …. Good chance its suspension parts in any case… You could also have loose rear shock bolts where it attaches to the car body.
      09-16-2023, 01:03 PM   #3
Jlo89
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

It almost sounds like what I'm experiencing with my 07 Z4.

I took my car to a local shop where they conducted a quick inspection (free of charge) and it was discovered that my rear struts were shot. As expected, the car still had the original struts and I currently have 85k miles on the clock, clearly overdue for replacement. I had already suspected the suspension needed repairs because every time I drove in poor roads, manholes, or bumps, my car made clunky noises, mostly from the rear.

I opted to replace all struts with Bilstein B4 struts. Although I'm kinda regretting not getting the B8s or B6s at a minimum; my car came with the Sports package. Once I get the parts installed, I hope those noises go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2023, 01:14 PM   #4
Jlo89
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

[QUOTE=Jlo89;30493871]It almost sounds like what I'm experiencing with my 07 Z4.

I took my car to a local shop where they conducted a quick inspection (free of charge) and it was discovered that my rear struts were shot. As expected, the car still had the original struts and I currently have 85k miles on the clock, clearly overdue for replacement. I had already suspected the suspension needed repairs because every time I drove in poor roads, manholes, or bumps, my car made clunky noises, mostly from the rear.

I opted to replace all struts with Bilstein B4 struts. Although I'm kinda regretting not getting the B8s or B6s at a minimum; my car came with the Sports package. Once I get the parts installed, I hope those noises go away.

https://youtu.be/vxhyUtaPRss?feature=shared
Appreciate 0