ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Thumbs up The Z4 is home at last.

These pics were taken on the way home. More pics will have to wait until a better cleaning. Got the windscreen installed already, though. Still need a BT passkey from the dealer. Wasn't included with the paperwork.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
pbdm4k
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Looking good!

NOW DROP THAT TOP AND GO DRIVING!!
'03 VW GTI, '99 Audi A4 1.8TQ, '00 VW Jetta 1.85T, '09 BMW 335i xDrive, '04 BMW Z4 3.0i, '01 Audi TT 1.8T, '04 Volvo S80 2.5T
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Just did. Even at 50F, it's comfortable driving. Much better with the top down.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
TopDown
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 540i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Just did. Even at 50F, it's comfortable driving. Much better with the top down.
FYI - I believe that big black canvas thing obscuring the cockpit is a dirt shield

Mine
G30 540i M Sport
Hers F36 440i Gran Coupe
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 11:19 PM   #5
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Looks great!

For the passkey, try 0002, 0003, and similar.. I don't think there are very many different ones out there.
      03-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #6
218dhb
Head in Th Sky!
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si Roadster

seen one on 57 today just like it, though we both were heading towards Chicago....

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Dieter
http://www.dkclassifieds.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black Sapphire Z4M

Quote:
These pics were taken on the way home. More pics will have to wait until a better cleaning. Got the windscreen installed already, though. Still need a BT passkey from the dealer. Wasn't included with the paperwork.

If you upgrade your Rimms....Im Interested in your 108 !!
I got a 06 Z4 M and they should just fit great

Im in missouri
      03-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

It's a gorgeous day here today, so I took the Z4 for my first real drive in it. It started out with a near disaster before I was even out of the garage. My neighbor has a very old English Setter. He's deaf as a post. I knew he was around because I had just given him a dog bone so he'd go away. I saw him walk out of the garage as I was settling into the car. I dropped the top, adjusted the mirrors, and fired it up. Then I began backing out very slowly. Just as my rear tires cleared the door, I heard a small yelp and stopped. Sure enough, the dog was under my car. He appeared unhurt, but he was well pinned and panic stricken. One of his paws was in now in front of the rear wheel, so no driving forward again. And obviously backing up further was out of the question. I yelled into the house for my wife to come help and then I ran and grabbed the jack from the X5. I found a spot under the Z that looked like an ok jack point (a cross bar that connected to the frame right near the rear wheel). I only jacked the car up an inch or two and my wife was able to pull the dog out. He yelped a bit more, but then got up and walked out into the front yard and sat down. Later he walked back over to his own yard and was sitting there quietly when I finally left. His owner isn't home, but he's going to get an earful when he gets back.

So after my heart rate returned to normal I set out for the drive. Amazing what you can learn from a good, spirited drive.

1. I should have waited to buy the LeatherZ arm rest. The stock set up suits me fine. The LeatherZ arm rest is still in its original packing. I wonder if they'll take it back for credit towards a short shifter.

2. I need to set my RD to the really loud setting. At 70+ MPH, you can barely hear it. Forget phone conversations at highway speeds. Ain't gonna happen.

3. At 100MPH the wind noise is pretty intense. Not that I'll be spending much time at those speeds. There's a table smooth, fairly wide, and very straight farm road near me that has nothing but empty fields all around for miles. Today it was completely deserted, so it was a good time to open her up. Sweet, but loud.

4. The thing corners incredibly flat. Just turn and it goes. Awesome.

5. Despite a very spirited drive, I got 24MPG. I can barely maintain 18MPG with my X5 with essentially the same engine (but a lot more weight). I expect my gas bills will drop. Always a good thing.

6. As I was coming back through town, some college kid pulled up next to me and complimented the car. I felt like telling him that I've wanted a roadsters since I was his age, but it took until now to afford one. 50-something guys with sports cars are not having a midlife crisis. It's just a matter of finally being able to afford one.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
jgorman13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i, 2008 C300 Sport

well then congrats on the car. im a bit young, so im always a bit OCD about things. What do you think of the ride quality, i see you have the sport pack?

P.S. - i wish i got my car in monaco blue, its gorgeous
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 07:15 PM   #10
wasupdu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0, CLS63 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
- I should have waited to buy the LeatherZ arm rest. The stock set up suits me fine.

- Forget phone conversations at highway speeds. Ain't gonna happen.

- Despite a very spirited drive, I got 24MPG. I can barely maintain 18MPG with my X5 with essentially the same engine (but a lot more weight). I expect my gas bills will drop. Always a good thing.
I bought the LeatherZ armrest too (with cupholder) and I ended up selling it on here in the classified section for only $20 less than what I bough it for. It's a nice product, but for me it's really not necessary and actually got in the way a bit.

BT phone conversations can be had at highway speed with the top down as long as you're talking to someone who's relatively patient. I've had no problem carrying top down conversations at 75mph (with the windows up) with certain people, but others complain about the noise....whatever I guess.

I love the gas mileage with the Z4. i can get about 30-31 mpg on the highway and I average about 27 mpg city/highway.
      03-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #11
dfine
Z
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Z4

congrats! looks nice!