ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-07-2010, 12:09 PM   #45
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep
Drives: F-16

regarding having to run front license plates, i've boiled it down to subjective chance. ie it's simply dependent on the cop whether he wants to hand out a fine or otherwise. front dashboard inside of the windshield seems fine for a couple of my buddies who do the same, no stops at all in over a year now.

oct 30th afternoon sounds great. i'll be at the san antonio coffee and rides again that morning and might convince steven, a silver grey m coupe owner who lives in san antonio (not on zpost unfortunately), to come up to austin. it'd be awesome to have a gathering of these rare m coupes!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #46
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

is coffee and rides that saturday? hmmm.....i might try to get down there for that. i love going to stuff like that! I'll be able to use my ///M flag that I bought, in the hopes that all the ///Ms gather around.

at the cars and coffee I went to in DFW, they had country flags and those cars gathered there. Me and Mark thought it'd be cool to have an ///M flag. Wifey bought me one for my birthday. haven't used it yet!
      10-07-2010, 06:13 PM   #47
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

coffee and rides is every last saturday of each month at a panera bread off 1604 loop in the north of san antonio. quite a respectable turnout and some true exotics to be seen, from the classics to the modern icons. unfortunately, it kicks off real early at about 8.30am with a very big turnout, and progressively peeps start heading off at about 10am. there are few ///ms, and even fewer bimmers! my count so far is one z3m coupe, one z4m coupe, one e46 m3 coupe and one e46 m3 vert excluding me!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #48
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

that's not too bad. when I met up with Blind32 at the one in dallas in june we were the only M Coupes there. his friend showed up in a really nice e46 M3. there were a bunch of old 2002's and such in the 'Germany aisle' along with some e36 M3 that had more ads than a super bowl. lol i believe those were the only Ms there. just when I was about to head out, a lambo and ferrari showed up. I guess it had cleared up enough (it rained the night before and was gray that morning) to bring their cars out. i'd like to see what antonio has to offer!!
      10-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #49
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

a ferrari f40 in rather mint condition shows up at almost every meet, although he is what james bond would characterize as 'fashionably late'. like, 10am late. worth sticking around for though. the ferrari owners are tightly knit and show up in force, with older examples like the 348 and 355 there as well. lamborghini's seem to be a lot more rare and there were none at the last coffee and rides.

i was just watching a couple of youtube videos on a group of 360 challenge stradale owners in holland, and my goodness the sounds all those prancing horses make are simply breathtaking!

4 minutes of an absolute aural treat -
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #50
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

According to my math, it takes 5 hours to get from Dallas to SA. to get there at 830, I'd have to leave at 330, wake up at 3ish. ew. How late does C&C go? Maybe I could show up 'fashionably late' as well. I don't mind leaving at 5-6ish but 330 is pushing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #51
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

september coffee and rides was my first attendance there and lots of cars were still present at about 10am. i headed off at about 10.30am, and that was about when the f40 showed up. i believe a number of clubs meet up at coffee and rides before going on cruises together - the ferrari club for one, the camaro club, probably the viper and mustang clubs as well and the classics club. i'm just guessing here really, but a lot of the folks seem to know each other very well indeed.

imo, it'd be pushing it to try and make the 250 mile trip or so to san antonio solely for coffee and rides. i will definitely stay until whatever time it is all of us decide to meet in austin though, really have zero plans, or anything else to do for tt matter. my girlfriend's about 10,000 miles away on the other side of the globe - singapore - and so i'm most probably going to be all alone!

anyway, i met another m coupe owner this past weekend, michael, who lives in san marcos between san antonio and austin, and i'd asked him to tag along on october 30th. titanium silver on imola interior with carbon leather, beautiful combination indeed. the family-owned dealership he works part time at also has an alpine white on imola interior with walnut m coupe, but that might be a stretch to get out since the family will be working all of saturday. maybe we can meet up there - terry davison auto imports in west austin? it's right next to several parks on a beautiful lake, and is in a more scenic, relaxing locale as opposed to the hustle and bustle types like downtown austin and san antonio. we can meet up for a late lunch at this place, http://www.oasis-austin.com/, which was highly recommended?

edit: here's a youtube link to the september coffee and rides. u can see my mum, my m coupe and me (in the baby blue) right at the very end after the panning shot of the 328 gts!

Last edited by r4gs; 10-11-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #52
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

I was in Austin this weekend and saw an M coupe (red) on 183 between Lampasas and Austin. I was not in the M but our Murano, wonder if it was anyone on this board.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #53
jbh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind32 View Post
According to my math, it takes 5 hours to get from Dallas to SA. to get there at 830, I'd have to leave at 330, wake up at 3ish. ew. How late does C&C go? Maybe I could show up 'fashionably late' as well. I don't mind leaving at 5-6ish but 330 is pushing it.
If you want a pleasant drive take 281 instead of I35. 5 hours on 281, 4.5 on I35. I drive it a lot.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #54
bhoch
SSGT USMC - '78 - '86
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4  [7.33]
Wife and I can meet at the oasis on the lake (or anywhere in the surrounding area) on the 30th. Sounds like a good lunch plan! I'll be on vacation the week before, so it will be a great way to end the vacation before the work week begins again!

2007 3.0si Roadster Black/Red, sport, Piano Black F14 Forgestar's
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 07:11 AM   #55
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh View Post
I was in Austin this weekend and saw an M coupe (red) on 183 between Lampasas and Austin. I was not in the M but our Murano, wonder if it was anyone on this board.
Maybe it was the same guy I saw when I was there about a month ago...
      10-12-2010, 07:21 AM   #56
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

We'll be there Friday night, stay the night that way we're not having to leave Angelo at 400. Most likely going to hit up Dave and Buster's. lol

Coffee and Rides should be fun! Then a nice little cruise up to Austin. Nice find on that Oasis, looks good. I'm looking forward to next weekend!
      10-12-2010, 12:35 PM   #57
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

dudes, i just saw another interlagos m coupe right here on base! 19" vmr v710s in hypersilver, light sepang bronze interior with madeira wood trim. definitely has at least 30%, if not 25%, tint, modified front license plate holder (looks like it screws right under the bottom edge of the front bumper above the big radiator intake) AND paint-matched front and rear reflectors. exhausts are stock though and i, for obvious reasons, don't know what's under the hood. just flipping gone a little loopy tt there's ANOTHER m coupe owner right here on the same base. will definitely be leaving a note on the windshield and get to know the lucky owner!

sounds like a plan for oct 30th. incidentally, i've found out that austin has their very own coffee and cars on halloween sunday, oct 31st, between 11am and 2pm. tempting? haha, let's all just fix our meetup for saturday, oct 30th in austin at the oasis by lake travis. i say 1pm will give everyone ample rest and time to show up hungry for some grub and juice?

i'll definitely try and get the 3 m coupe owners i've met (NONE of them are on zpost) to come along too, and it'll definitely be absolutely fantastic to meet up with everyone!

just a headcount though, so far i've got bhoch, blind32, 007mcoupe and myself confirmed. jbh, beastcharmer, DERJ, jragan, thenewkid???
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #58
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

that's friggin AWESOME!! moar AF m coupes!!!!! that makes 3 IB Coupes. woot. we need an AF IB photo shoot!! haha

i'm pretty sure thenewkid won't be there. hope to see some more the closer it gets.
      10-14-2010, 11:35 PM   #59
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

^dude hasn't replied my note with my email address on it! beginning to wonder if he thinks i'm some creep or some such. and to think our two ib m coupes are parked in adjacent lots at work!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #60
thenewkid
Private
Rep
Drives: 06' 3.0si

hey guys i know i've been MIA for a while, i became a dad this week so i've been a little busy...

r4gs i dont remember getting a note...as for the 30th im not positive, but its a possibility. i'd really like to come down though, if i do ill probably follow behind blind32 if he was cool with it
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #61
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

^thenewkid, my 'note' reference was in response to an m coupe owner on base that i left a handwritten note under the windshield wiper to get to know the owner. it's been 4 days and not a whisper, so i'm presuming he wants to be left alone. really blows. but do try and make it down! it'll be fun times and a great way to meet new people!

on a side note, OMGOMGOMG i FINALLY got the contact of the manager at the Uvalde test track! this means i can basically call up the day before, ask about the weekend test track schedule, come in for FREE as and when there's few or no one on the track, and use all the available facilities! absolutely amazing opportunity. 45 minutes from base, 8 mile gigantic oval, 2 smaller road tracks, skid pad and other crazy cool stuff. i'm so lucky!
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2010, 10:47 AM   #62
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Congrats guy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid View Post
hey guys i know i've been MIA for a while, i became a dad this week so i've been a little busy...

r4gs i dont remember getting a note...as for the 30th im not positive, but its a possibility. i'd really like to come down though, if i do ill probably follow behind blind32 if he was cool with it
      10-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #63
thenewkid
Private
Rep
Drives: 06' 3.0si

^thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 10:36 AM   #64
Blind32
Certified Adrenaline Junkie
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid View Post

Congrats!

I've also been MIA. I've been doing some really cool stuff at work and have been staying later. By the time I get home, I don't want to stare at a computer any longer or I will really go....blind...
Still not completely confirmed for the 30th. If I do go, I would leave Dallas area around 730-8, 4 hour drive, get there by 12ish. hang out until 4, be home by 8ish. Ouch, why is Texas so damn big!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #65
r4gs
Viper Driver
Singapore
Rep

thenewkid, mucho belated congrats on becoming a daddy! i'm so sorry it'd slipped my mind when i was typing my reply concerning the note!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 07:14 AM   #66
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4gs View Post
^thenewkid, my 'note' reference was in response to an m coupe owner on base that i left a handwritten note under the windshield wiper to get to know the owner. it's been 4 days and not a whisper, so i'm presuming he wants to be left alone. really blows. but do try and make it down! it'll be fun times and a great way to meet new people!

on a side note, OMGOMGOMG i FINALLY got the contact of the manager at the Uvalde test track! this means i can basically call up the day before, ask about the weekend test track schedule, come in for FREE as and when there's few or no one on the track, and use all the available facilities! absolutely amazing opportunity. 45 minutes from base, 8 mile gigantic oval, 2 smaller road tracks, skid pad and other crazy cool stuff. i'm so lucky!
what about friends????? huh huh huh?? lol