ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Cosmetics Modification (Exterior/Interior) Discussions
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

12-21-2022, 01:31 PM   #1
Coi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 M40i, 07 Z4MR

Best Option for M Roadster Third Brake Light?

My third brake light has completely separated and needs to be replaced. It was cracked down the middle when I got the car but now the entire faceplate is broken and is about to fall off. It looks like it's probably the original one that came with the car.

What's the best option for replacing it? I would like to get the same clear/white color again. It seems like the OEM clear ones are actually back in stock at multiple vendors but they're about $120 and will definitely just crack again. Maybe I could somehow reinforce the housing with plastic shims or epoxy?

Aftermarket is much cheaper ($20) but I've read that these don't fit properly or look as good as OEM. Has anyone purchased a decent aftermarket clear 3rd brake light that looked good and held up well?

Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 09:12 PM   #2
zed_fan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MR, E60 M5 6MT

I bought a cheap one a few years back and it wouldn't fit at all, so save your money. The OEM was $70 a few years ago when I bought it and now it doubled?? I suppose you could buy it from FCP euro if you want the lifetime warranty exchange.
Appreciate 0