ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-26-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
figure09
Rep
Drives: 128i

Was this in an accident?

Hi all. Looking to buy a z4 m from a dealer that's located in a different province so I'm not able to look the car in person. I had the dealer facetime me and send photos and I noticed that the front looked misaligned and repainted. It's hard to tell from the images but the passenger side is tighter, and it opens up wider to the drivers side. I had them ask the manager, and it turns out the manager bought it privately and is now selling it at the dealership.
View post on imgur.com

The final image in the series is when they bought it from the private sale. It had PPF on the front, and now it doesn't. When I asked about it, they said they repainted it which is why it's not aligned properly - doesn't make sense really. My guess is whoever purchased it got into an accident and had it repaired. The carfax shows the vehicle wasn't in an accident, but I take that with a grain of salt.

What are your thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2023, 07:17 PM   #2
vt100
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 Z4MC, '12 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by figure09 View Post
they said they repainted it which is why it's not aligned properly - doesn't make sense really.
Why? Quite a few folks have had their bumpers resprayed just to make it look nicer.
But in this particular case could be anything. What does Carfax say about it?
Appreciate 1
HBC123.50
      04-26-2023, 08:11 PM   #3
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Even if it was in a collision that's not necessarily bad thing, the top of the plastic front bumper has adjustable slots where it fastens on to the rad housing.
They can be loosened and shifted to even out the gap.
Trying to buy a car remotely can be stressful, ask the seller if he is willing to take the car to a BMW dealership for a pre purchase inspection that you would pay for.