ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-17-2023, 09:52 AM   #23
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Here’s a picture I just snapped on my coupe. Not sure how helpful but short of taking off the bulkhead trim, not sure if you’re going to find it. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s taped down to the side of the center cubby.

Ignore the Velcro strip, I had that there from my Intravee
Attached Images

04-18-2023, 02:17 PM   #24
MajorMason
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob'smerlot View Post
So, the son & I (mostly son) again went fishing for these elusive 2 prewired CD changer wires.....to no avail. Used the bore scope, nope. Took out the r. speaker, no help. Cussed at it, still didn't help. So we give. Short of taking a sawzz-all to the back of the trunk we can't find these 2 wires. And Ted swears they're there. Not knowing what colors the wires are, coupled with apparently being buried somewhere, we give. Will be putting this Bluebus up for sale. Shame, really wanted to have this thing installed.......
Bob, I found another web install that might help us install ours.
View post on imgur.com

Give that a view and see if it might help some. I'll give it a try next weekend.

Looks like you need to completely disassemble the trunk carpet and the shelf for the convertible top. I'll be doing this anyway when I replace my rear shocks and springs so it will be a good time to search for the CD connectors so I can get the Bluebus working too.

Last edited by MajorMason; 04-19-2023 at 05:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2023, 06:19 AM   #25
bob'smerlot
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 bmw z4 3.0i

That's pretty slick, thanks. Would you believe Ted has gone above & beyond and agreed to take a look at my car? We're only 2 hours apart....Heading down there Thursday. Hopefully he'll just take a quick look at it, pull these mysterious 2 wires out, look at me like 'what the heck was the problem' and I'll be a happy camper. Got my fingers crossed. Will take pictures........
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 09:23 AM   #26
MajorMason
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Please do take photos! We have the same year Z's so mine should be just like yours.
Appreciate 1
      04-21-2023, 06:14 AM   #27
bob'smerlot
Private
Rep
Drives: 2004 bmw z4 3.0i

"Here they are" said Ted, 10 seconds after looking in the trunk. 10 seconds that my son & I spent an hour looking for. As it turns out, we were looking for the wrong wires. On my '04 roadster, you need a solid coaxial cable (black) which plugs in to the other side of the Bluebus, and a 3-pin power line which naturally plugs into the other end of the BB. The 6 pin fitting does not get used. Then you will also need the 54pin adapter for the phone. I'll try & attach a photo. And sense I don't know how to do that, I'll email them over to my son and ask him to post them.....Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 06:10 PM   #28
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob'smerlot View Post
"Here they are" said Ted, 10 seconds after looking in the trunk. 10 seconds that my son & I spent an hour looking for. As it turns out, we were looking for the wrong wires. On my '04 roadster, you need a solid coaxial cable (black) which plugs in to the other side of the Bluebus, and a 3-pin power line which naturally plugs into the other end of the BB. The 6 pin fitting does not get used. Then you will also need the 54pin adapter for the phone. I'll try & attach a photo. And sense I don't know how to do that, I'll email them over to my son and ask him to post them.....Sorry.
That’s what I said in post 8! Haha glad it worked out