ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

lol i let my gf take the z4m in windy road test with the CA...shes like 33what? i want this ..lol
      08-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #24
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
as for the visibility in the Z...if youve been in a 350z you can drive a z4m....lol
I had a 350Z as my track car up until my MZ4 Coupe was delivered. Trust me, the rear visibility in the Z4M is worse. Make sure you have a buddy stand around you when you back up in the paddock.

Although you will be rewarded in the Z4M in that fresh out of the box it'll likely be faster than your 350Z by leaps and bounds. I have had suspension, anti-roll bars, brakes, intake, exhaust, header work, R-comps and just about $10,000 worth of stuff in the 350Z and by lap 3 in the Z4M (with stock Contis) it was already significantly faster than the 350Z.

Enjoy your E86 M4oop.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #25
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I had a 350Z as my track car up until my MZ4 Coupe was delivered. Trust me, the rear visibility in the Z4M is worse. Make sure you have a buddy stand around you when you back up in the paddock.

Although you will be rewarded in the Z4M in that fresh out of the box it'll likely be faster than your 350Z by leaps and bounds. I have had suspension, anti-roll bars, brakes, intake, exhaust, header work, R-comps and just about $10,000 worth of stuff in the 350Z and by lap 3 in the Z4M (with stock Contis) it was already significantly faster than the 350Z.

Enjoy your E86 M4oop.
oh i am very sure the z4m is much faster and i cant wait

thanks alot man

quick question...are there any aero parts for the M..i know the e92 m3 has a few carbon add on parts but i cant find any for the Z
      08-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #26
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
quick question...are there any aero parts for the M..i know the e92 m3 has a few carbon add on parts but i cant find any for the Z
Good luck with that. The production numbers are so low on the M4oop that it's hard to find companies willing to make the investment knowing that they most likely won't make that money back when, at most, they'll be able to sell to 800 customers if EVERY M4oop owners in the United States bought one.

Functionally, there's very little wrong with the M4oop's aerodynamics. the biggest problem is the coefficient of drag on this car, but there's very little lift at speed. Even at triple digit speeds at California Speedway, there's more than enough down-force at 120+ mph up on the banking turn. Aesthetically is another question. Like I said, it's hard to get anyone to want to make a kit for this car. You're better off finding someone that can custom make something for you. Too much investment for too little return, if you ask me. But maybe that's just me.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #27
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Good luck with that. The production numbers are so low on the M4oop that it's hard to find companies willing to make the investment knowing that they most likely won't make that money back when, at most, they'll be able to sell to 800 customers if EVERY M4oop owners in the United States bought one.

Functionally, there's very little wrong with the M4oop's aerodynamics. the biggest problem is the coefficient of drag on this car, but there's very little lift at speed. Even at triple digit speeds at California Speedway, there's more than enough down-force at 120+ mph up on the banking turn. Aesthetically is another question. Like I said, it's hard to get anyone to want to make a kit for this car. You're better off finding someone that can custom make something for you. Too much investment for too little return, if you ask me. But maybe that's just me.
ah i c....well in that case...im happy with the stock looks anyways
      08-04-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
oh i am very sure the z4m is much faster and i cant wait

thanks alot man

OEM there are stock aero side skirts and a carbon roof spoiler (which is nothing more than a tiny little gurney flap).

Aftermarket, there are parts from ACS, Hammann, and Hartge. I think some of the ACS stuff looks good, but it's totally personal preference.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0