ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Suspension and Braking Chat
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

10-26-2023, 03:40 PM   #1
Andyh1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M black saphire / imola

KW V3 coil overs - experience

Hi all- been a minute since I have posted here. I am looking for real world experiences on the upgrade to KW coilovers to your Z4M. What I am looking for is general better comfort than stock suspension of my Z4M Roadster.
I am not too thrilled about lowering the car but I guess it is part of this suspension upgrade. Overall, I am looking for a little better ride quality than stock as it may be time to upgrade suspension anyway.

Thanks.
      10-27-2023, 12:00 AM   #2
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Hi Andy,

The KWs seem to have the least amount of lowering of any of the suspension kits (10mm front, 5mm rear), which is one of the reasons I bought them for my Z4M.

I was skeptical of the claims that they would improve ride quality, but they did. It’s not night vs day - this is always going to be a jiggly car - but it deals with bumps considerably better. Overall, I’m very happy with mine.
Appreciate 1
wdb4732.00
      10-27-2023, 11:39 PM   #3
Andyh1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4M black saphire / imola

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post
Hi Andy,

The KWs seem to have the least amount of lowering of any of the suspension kits (10mm front, 5mm rear), which is one of the reasons I bought them for my Z4M.

I was skeptical of the claims that they would improve ride quality, but they did. It’s not night vs day - this is always going to be a jiggly car - but it deals with bumps considerably better. Overall, I’m very happy with mine.
Ok good, thank you for that. I am looking for an improvement but I'm also realistic that I won't get back a ton of it. I'm looking to see if I can get this done next spring. I'm about to have inspection 1 performed on my vehicle before I put it up for the winter. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2023, 08:56 PM   #4
rsutoratosu
Captain
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBan View Post
Hi Andy,

What settings do you use in the front ?
      11-16-2023, 10:25 PM   #5
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

I use the settings recommended by KW, which I can’t remember off the top of my head!
Appreciate 0