ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #1
Lovebandit64
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Roadster

BMW OEM Z4 (06-08) ABS Control Module Part# 3452677849

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 775.00
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Ok, here is the deal: I got the dreaded "trifecta" of ABS lights on my 2008 Z4 3.0si a few months back. Pulled the codes (there were two) and they were "Hydraulic pump or motor" and "Hydraulic pump connector". Took the car into a respected and capable import service shop here in Kona, Hawaii (Getzinger Motor Works). They are the designated VW warranty facility here on the island since we have no VW dealer.

They told me that 9 out of 10 times cars like mine need a new ABS Control Module only and they are fixed so they ordered a "BMW ABS repair kit" (which is essentially just a new OEM ABS module) for a little under $1200 and and put the module on. While trying to program and bleed the system their equipment told them I also had a bad ABS hydraulic pump. The problem is, that pump only comes WITH a module attached to it so after they put on my new ABS/Module combo, I am stuck with a OEM BMW BRAND NEW ABS Module that I do not need (BMW part# 34526778492).

It has literally never even gone one mile. It has only been through 2 "key cycles" when they tried to program it and then it was removed and boxed and the ABS Pump motor/Module combo was put on which finally solved my problem (see pic).

At the bottom of this post, I have attached a 3 pics of the module and the receipt (dated 9/4/15) that I got from GMW (the repair place) documenting and explaining the above story (pic is big if you download it). The cheapest I have seen these ABS modules online is about $920 USD but as I said I paid about $1200 (stupid, I know). If need be, GMW could be contacted to confirm the details of my story.

So I am offering this brand new module here for $775 USD in an effort to recoup at least a portion of my repair expenses. This ABS problem is quite common (Google will confirm that fact) with these Z4's so this a chance to get a new ABS module for your Z4 at a significantly reduced price! I will pay for the shipping and Paypal fees.

Although I am new on this forum, I have a stellar reputation on WUS (the largest online watch forum) where my name is "Lovebandit" and have bought and sold MANY high end watches there without one glitch. Also, my Ebay handle is "Elliemae1919" and my feedback as buyer and seller is perfect there also.

Please email me at souldeep64@gmail.com if you are interested in this part. Thanks for looking and your time.
John Carroll
Kailua-Kona, HI USA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M...ew?usp=sharing

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 03:56 AM   #2
Lovebandit64
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si Roadster

Bump
Appreciate 0