ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

08-28-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
cosmos///m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT/AB M3 & 2005 JB/IR M3

1999 BMW ///M Coupe Clownshoe 61k Miles!!!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Hello everyone!!!

Before I begin let me start by stating the following...

KEEPING THE CAR AFTER ALL....NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!

• IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE PRICE PLEASE LEAVE, I DO NOT NEED YOUR NEGATIVE COMMENTS OR FEEDBACK.

• I WILL NOT PART OUT THIS CAR UNLESS I HAVE A SERIOUS BUYER WHICH CHOOSES TO HAVE SOME MODIFICATIONS REMOVED.

Hi, my name is Kyle, up for potential purchase is my 99’ M Coupe (aka the clown shoe) this is my 6th BMW and 3rd ///M Car. I purchased this car August 2014 with 53.5k miles on it. It was and still is a car I have always wanted and looked into getting, but due to recent move, cost of living, buying a new house, wife wanting to start a family in the future…. Aka LIFE taking away my toys, it is time to test the market.
The current mileage is 61,xxx. All service is 110% up to date, oil change for both motor and SC done at 59k miles .

I believe I have become a pretty well-known member of many forums and communities the years offering many reviews, a few DIYs, my personal opinion/advice to fellow members, and general advice to the community. I am fairly certain that many can attest to my attention to detail I took on the maintenance and modifications to this car. Many members can speak towards the amount of care and pride I take in my car through setting up various local car meets and gatherings and taking part in local BMW CCA. While still owning 2 other BMWs currently (2014 X5 & 2005 M3) I must say this is an absolutely amazing car to drive it is simply a blast… such a fun toy to toss around and enjoy a pure driving feel over my M3.

Specs on car:

1999 BMW ///M Coupe

Estoril Blue/Estoril Blue/Black

Mileage: 62,xxx

Build Date: 08/1998

Vin #: WBSCM9334XLC60353

Title: Clean Title, I currently have a small amount remaining on lien debating on paying it off prior to sale. If it makes things smoother I will, if it doesn’t make a difference then I will leave it alone.

Records: All records are up to date. Showing dealer maintains records from previous owners and all modification receipts from me, and paperwork from every single thing done to this car. I also have Excel spreadsheets, which show records of all maintenance and modifications being performed date and mileage by myself. All of which will be included to the new owner so they know everything that was done to their car. All manuals, pamphlets, and original OEM book are included.

Other than the VF Supercharger Kit (which was installed on the car literally months prior to my purchase) I have spent about 5k on tasteful modifications and even additional cost in preventative maintenance over the past year to get it to where it is now. Below is a list of everything I can think of at the moment that is on the car now and included in the sale. I am sure I am missing some things here and there, but this is most of it.

The Bad:
Other than the typical wear and tear inside and out you would find in a 17 year old car, and minor rock chips from normal driving use, nothing large or extreme. The only issues this car has is due to the current tune on this car and having recently moved to Denver things need to be re-tuned (if you stay in high elevation areas). It runs PERFECT and has zero issues at lower elevation, but due to being in Denver right now the injector pulse rate/width is a bit high for the lack of air during startup at this higher elevation, causing you to turn the key for a few seconds prior to start-up. Secondly, the E-Brake trim ring has a broken clip on it, so it doesn’t stay 100% secure. It never bothered me enough to really fix it. You can find a $20 ring on ebay if/when one comes up.

Reason for listing: Like I have previously stated, this is a feeler, but I am listing this due to moving, purchasing a house, starting family, wife saying I have a weekend car already (M3)… and LIFE. Plain and simple, if I have a serious buyer I might sell, if not I’m not going to lose any sleep.

Modifications:
• VF350 Supercharger Kit (~9-10k Miles)
• Ground Control Full Coilover Kit 500F/650R (~4-5k Miles)
• Ground Control Racing Camber Plates
• H&R Front/Rear Sway Bars
• AKG Adjustable Front/Rear Endlinks
• AKG 12mm Poly Rear Shock Mounts
• AKG 75D Front Control Arm Bushings
• AKG 75D Rear Subframe Bushings
• AKG 75D Rear Trailing Arm Bushings
• New OEM Guibo
• Rouge Engineering Transmission Mounts
• Bimmerworld Stainless Steel Brake Lines
• Bimmerworld Stainless Steel Clutch Line
• Motorsport Hardware Wheel Spacers (12mm Front/20mm Rear)
• Motorsport Hardware 82mm Stud Conversion
• Motorsport Hardware Extended Lugs (Black)
• UUC RK5 Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle
• Alcantara Shift Boot/E-Brake Boot (DeadlySyns)
• 35% Lumar Tint All-Around
• Alpine CDE-HD149BT Headunit/Stereo
• OEM S54 Radiator (~9-10k Miles, updated with SC Kit)
• New Rear Tires (500 miles)

All maintenance has been performed regularly. I have done 2 oil changes since I have had the car (latest at 59k miles), performed various preventative maintenance parts/services while putting modifications on the car (Guibo, CSB, Spark Plugs, Rear Diff Flush, etc... )

I have never tracked the car, nor did any of the previous owners. Nothing but spirited driving on back roads. I did all these modifications as it is a weekend car and I wanted a sportier feel. Which has definitely been accomplished and some. I had plans on doing much more, and IF I keep it I am sure I will end up doing my dream S65 swap... but will be 2-3 years out

Again the car is great condition for its age, it is a 17 year old car so will and does have its squeaks and small quirks, but nothing to scare away a potential buyer/fellow M Coupe enthusiast.

Note: These are older photos of when I purchased the car. I will update the photos after I wash and clean the car this weekend. Only changes would be ride height, tint, and interior finishes (shift knob, boots, head unit).

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Small updated photos of interior changes (UUC RK5 Shift Knob/E-Brake Handle, Alcantara Shift Boot/E-Brake Boot, & Alpine Head Unit) as it sits today 8/31/2015

As she stands this moment sitting outside my office

Price: $26,000 As Is. FIRM.

Thanks,
Kyle
cosmos675@gmail.com
573-fivetwonine-3200

Last edited by cosmos///m3; 09-14-2015 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Very cool!
GLWS
      08-31-2015, 09:36 PM   #3
zimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4 M  [2.00]
http://enthusiastauto.com/id/5202.html

glws, sweet ride
      08-31-2015, 09:37 PM   #4
zimmer
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC

Garage List
2007 BMW Z4 M  [2.00]
supply and demand, love it
      09-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #5
cosmos///m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT/AB M3 & 2005 JB/IR M3

Thanks guys!! Looks like I have decided I will be holding onto the clown shoe after all

She is no longer for sale... unless someone wants to start throwing large amounts of cash my way, then we can always talk
      09-14-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
crfine88
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E86M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3
Thanks guys!! Looks like I have decided I will be holding onto the clown shoe after all

She is no longer for sale... unless someone wants to start throwing large amounts of cash my way, then we can always talk
Good choice!