ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

04-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #1
jmillet
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Hyundai IONIQ 6 SEL AWD

Garage List
BMW CCA Driving Schools at Pacific Raceway

Our First Driving School Event of the 2011 season

April 28th, Thursday, is our first driving school event for 2011. It should be a terrific event.
As is our custom, we will have both a Car Control Clinic (CCC) $95.00 and a High Performance Driving School (HPDS) $195.00 running concurrently. To participate you must have a valid driver’s license, be a BMW CCA Club member or a member of another club we reciprocate with (PNWR PCA, NWARC, Audi Club NW, BMW ACA Portland).
The CCC is a prerequisite for the HPDS. If you have never done a CCC or the equivalent, this is a good time to sign up and give it a try. The activities include slalom, emergency braking, collision avoidance, wet skid pad, and handling oval, touring laps of the road racing course and rides with the instructor. You do not need a helmet or a tech inspection and convertibles/roadsters are welcome.
The HPDS is the real deal; this is about as exciting as it gets in your BMW! Instruction is provided for students of all levels. More experienced drivers can be signed off to drive solo for the day but this is the exception rather than the rule. These are, in fact, driving schools intended to make you a more proficient every day driver. You can register on www.motorsportreg.com; until April 22nd.
You will need a helmet and your vehicle must be inspected by an ASE certified mechanic. Starting this year your technical inspection is valid for the entire 2011 year.
One more opportunity is available to you. If you would like to learn more about this whole “track thing” but you’re not quite ready to sign up, come on out and volunteer to assist our staff. We need people to chase cones for the CCC. You can get a good look at what goes on and decide whether this is something your want to try in 2011.
For further information go to our club’s web site: www.bmwpugetsound.com and click on driving schools.
. Contact me if you might be interested in this. Join the fun!
--Rick Gulstrom, Driving Events Coordinator
rick@gmsarch.com

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
jmillet
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Got the 2011 season underway yesterday with the Porsche Club. Huge turnout with 30 cars in the B Group. Weather cooperated and the track stayed green until 5:00 PM so everyone got plenty of seat time.
Tire wall outside of turn 2 is gone so now if you get wheels off just keep going straight because you won't hit anything until you get to Auburn
Come on out next Thursday with the BMW Club.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillet View Post
Got the 2011 season underway yesterday with the Porsche Club. Huge turnout with 30 cars in the B Group. Weather cooperated and the track stayed green until 5:00 PM so everyone got plenty of seat time.
Tire wall outside of turn 2 is gone so now if you get wheels off just keep going straight because you won't hit anything until you get to Auburn
Come on out next Thursday with the BMW Club.
I'm banned from the track until after my wedding...
Isn't T1 the one that gets most people?
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #4
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I had an amazing time at the track yesterday. It would be awesome to see some of the Seattle forum people out at the track with us!
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
jmillet
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerRrari View Post
I'm banned from the track until after my wedding...
Isn't T1 the one that gets most people?
I've been running Pacific Raceways (FKA SIR) for more than a few years and I can't remember any incidents at T1 except for a couple of years ago when a Porsche 996TT dropped coolant at turn 1 and the following 996 GT-3 slid nose first into the inside wall.
T5a is known as the million dollar turn because it eats a lot of sheet metal every season. T6 is rather treacherous when it's damp to wet.
Lots of folks spin out at the exit of T8 (ask z4mnyc about it ) but the infield is now paved so no harm is done except for a bruised ego.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mnyc View Post
I had an amazing time at the track yesterday. It would be awesome to see some of the Seattle forum people out at the track with us!

It's always fun to have a lot of forum folks at the track and to get a lot of Z4s there for some fun! We had 4 Z4Ms (and some Z3 and Z3Ms) at our last track day (almost all forum members) and a great time was had by all!

Looks like you had fun out there, and a bit of extra excitement as well. That wing/splitter set-up on your car is awesome BTW--I love the look and the functionality!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
FerRrari
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Catrinel Menghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by z4mnyc View Post
Hey, I was the guy wanting to hear your Supersprint on Saturday at E@RTC. Nice meeting you, beautiful car!
'07 IR/SBL ///M Roadster (GONE), '08 Tornado Red Triumph Daytona (GONE), '09 BRG/Cloth 6MT MINI Cooper S (Spontaneously Combusted), '06 IR/IR ///M3 Convertible 6MT (GONE), '04 JB/CR Z4 2.5i SMG (GONE)
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2011, 04:26 PM   #8
jmillet
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post

It's always fun to have a lot of forum folks at the track and to get a lot of Z4s there for some fun! We had 4 Z4Ms (and some Z3 and Z3Ms) at our last track day (almost all forum members) and a great time was had by all!

SNIP
We'll have seven Z3/Z4 Coupes at Pacific Raceway this coming Thursday.
The BMW Club permits instructors to give non-particpants passenger seat track time. Come on out for a ride

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
jmillet
Captain
Rep

Garage List
BMW CCA Driving Schools at Pacific Raceway June 10

Time to register for the June 10th BMW CCA HPDS and CCC at Pacific Raceway.
Both a Car Control Clinic (CCC) $95.00 and a High Performance Driving School (HPDS) $195.00 will run concurrently. To participate you must have a valid driver’s license, be a BMW CCA Club member or a member of another club we reciprocate with (PNWR PCA, NWARC, Audi Club NW, BMW ACA Portland).
The CCC is a prerequisite for the HPDS. If you have never done a CCC or the equivalent, this is a good time to sign up and give it a try. The activities include slalom, emergency braking, collision avoidance, wet skid pad, and handling oval, touring laps of the road racing course and rides with the instructor. You do not need a helmet or a tech inspection and convertibles/roadsters are welcome.
You can register on www.motorsportreg.com
For further information go to the BMW Club web site: www.bmwpugetsound.com and click on driving schools.
Contact Rick Gulstrom, Driving Events Coordinator
rick@gmsarch.com if you might be interested in this. Join the fun!

Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillet View Post
Time to register for the June 10th BMW CCA HPDS and CCC at Pacific Raceway.
Both a Car Control Clinic (CCC) $95.00 and a High Performance Driving School (HPDS) $195.00 will run concurrently. To participate you must have a valid driver’s license, be a BMW CCA Club member or a member of another club we reciprocate with (PNWR PCA, NWARC, Audi Club NW, BMW ACA Portland).
You can register on www.motorsportreg.com
For further information go to the BMW Club web site: www.bmwpugetsound.com and click on driving schools.
Contact Rick Gulstrom, Driving Events Coordinator
rick@gmsarch.com if you might be interested in this. Join the fun!
I will be there.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2011, 02:47 PM   #11
z4mnyc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

I'll see you guys there!
| Z4MC | KW Clubsport | BBS-RGR 19 + Bridgestone RE11 | BBS-RGR 18 + Hoosier R6 | Sparco DTM RS | Vorshlag mounts | Braille battery | Euro Headers | Supersprint exhaust | Stoptech lines | Stongstrut | TCK camber arms | UUC SSK | APR GT-200 wing & splitter | ESS Tune | Speedware Motorsports custom roll cage | Schroth harness |
Appreciate 0