ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > Regional Forums > Canada
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

09-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
tel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 3.0si Roadster Slate grey

Thumbs up Questions from a new owner.

Had my 08 Z4 Roadster for a month, luv it. But I do have some questions.

The ambers flash when I press the lock button on the key fob but it doesn't chirp, the red led flashes, when I unlock no lights or chirp, is the alarm system enabled ?

I have removed the subwoofer cover but can't see the sticker with the PK number, have NAV system but do I have Bluetooth?

Is it worth updating the NAV system software from the original 2008 version ?

Is it possible and has anyone ever done it? Hooked up a USB to the audio system.

Thanks in advance....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

Welcome to the forum!!

Most if not all of the cars have the lights flash upon locking and unlocking the car. Chances are you don't have an alarm. If you lift the hood, where the two black braces connect at the firewall is there a hood sensor? Looks like a button that gets depressed as the hood closes. If so then you might have the alarm, if not then you don't.

On the steering wheel do you have the phone button? Press it and see if it goes searching for a phone. You can also request the dealer to run your vin to find out what package the car came with when new.

My prior BMW had navigation and I purchased used dvd's online from people upgrading to the newest version. i'd suggest that route instead of paying $200 per dvd at the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
tel
Private
Rep

Can't see any switches on the firewall. Do have two plunger type devices on the front, are they just shock absorbers for the hood.
When I Press the phone button it searches for the phone,then gives the message "Activate phone,that's as far as I can get with it.

For the NAV system I meant the firmware not map DVDs
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 07:03 AM   #4
Huz-Z
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0si, 328 XDrive, X5 35i

If you press the little talking head button on the left spoke, the car should beep. If you say a command like "number", the car should respond with "function not available". That means you have bluetooth but your phone isn't yet paired with the car.

BMW Z4 3.0si Roadster. Montego Blue Metallic. Premium and Sport Package.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
tel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huz-Z View Post
If you press the little talking head button on the left spoke, the car should beep. If you say a command like "number", the car should respond with "function not available". That means you have bluetooth but your phone isn't yet paired with the car.
Tried that, no beep nothing, pressed the R/T button and the screen went to telephone and displayed the word "searching" after a minute or so the message " activate phone" came on the screen.
Went to a BMW dealer and obtained the build sheet for the car, it does not say Bluetooth among the options, it does say BMW assist and telephone prep so I don't think it has Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #6
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Sure you have it...is there a white card in with the manuals that has a PK code? Should be 4 digits.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
mike519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Assuming you have a non M, follow this link to access the back wall...

http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497843

Look at the second last pic and you will see a silver box on the wall beyond the 2x4 in the pic. That's the TCU which has the bluetooth code on the inside of the box.

If you do not have the sheet with the code and cannot see the box from behind the speaker, then this link has the best method to make 100% certain you do not have the box. If it IS there, the other method is to remove the screws on the bracket for this box and get a little mirror behind it to read the code...that's what I did.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
tel
Private
Rep

Thanks, found it..
Appreciate 0