ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

02-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Bimmian.com

Anybody purchased anything from these folks? I purchased a set of black kidney grills from them last week, and the only reason I didn't purchase from a different vendor was that Bimmian was advertising them as being in stock, and shipping within 24 business hours.

Today they still have not shipped them, and they have written me an email as a response to my inquiry saying that they are trying to locate a pair of grills from a "warehouse." - status shows as "warehouse transfer."

Terrible practice for a business to advertise an item as "in stock" to draw customers in, and then drop the bomb on them. I'm probably never buying from them again, but just curious as to whether this has happened to anyone else after purchasing from them.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
mbanshchikov
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I never dealt with Bimmian but if that doesn't work out for you ECS Tuning sells black kidney grills as well. I ordered them a few weeks back and couldn't be happier. The delivery was fast with top notch fit and finish
      02-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Anybody purchased anything from these folks? I purchased a set of black kidney grills from them last week, and the only reason I didn't purchase from a different vendor was that Bimmian was advertising them as being in stock, and shipping within 24 business hours.

Today they still have not shipped them, and they have written me an email as a response to my inquiry saying that they are trying to locate a pair of grills from a "warehouse." - status shows as "warehouse transfer."

Terrible practice for a business to advertise an item as "in stock" to draw customers in, and then drop the bomb on them. I'm probably never buying from them again, but just curious as to whether this has happened to anyone else after purchasing from them.
I bought some interior lights from them and had no issues. Fast shipment. I agree with you on this one though - "in stock" should mean in stock.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
PLCZ4MC
Proud E86M Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 Z4M Coupe Monaco Blue

I also bought lights from them and no problems with shipping or product.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
Arsonism
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanshchikov View Post
I never dealt with Bimmian but if that doesn't work out for you ECS Tuning sells black kidney grills as well. I ordered them a few weeks back and couldn't be happier. The delivery was fast with top notch fit and finish
Did the same thing a month ago.

Lights from bimmian and that was off ebay so I expected it to be slow.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanshchikov
They've already charged me since last week :/ I'm stuck with them.

Oh well, seems like it's not a usual thing so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:27 PM   #7
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

I've had the exact situation happen with ECS for a sound generator. They emailed the next day and let me cancel the order.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #8
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MR

Beware of ECS if it says "Ships in 2-3 days".
That just means they don't have it in stock, and they're guessing they can get it in 2-3 days.
A couple of times for me, it's been more like 2-3 weeks.
      02-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
Walkurie
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 M Roadster / 99 Jaguar XK8

Bought the LED license lamp upgrade a few months ago. Connectors would not match up. After many e-mails to them, finally got their attention. The did allow a return, but it is to a Canadia address, which meant more $$ to me out of pocket, not to mention the hassle of getting something across the border. Eventually received the refund, but no explanation ever of why the lamp would not match up to the E85 connectors. Communication poor.
      02-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #10
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkurie View Post
Bought the LED license lamp upgrade a few months ago. Connectors would not match up. After many e-mails to them, finally got their attention. The did allow a return, but it is to a Canadia address, which meant more $$ to me out of pocket, not to mention the hassle of getting something across the border. Eventually received the refund, but no explanation ever of why the lamp would not match up to the E85 connectors. Communication poor.
That isn't cool. I would dispute any extra charge with the CC company as it wasn't your fault they sent the wrong item. You should have no out of pocket expense unless you ordered the wrong item.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 02:58 PM   #11
sbtwister
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 3.0i Z4 Roadster

I have had mixed experiences with them.
In general their products are very good - but if you have to return them it becomes very expensive. I ordered LED lamps - per the size recommended on their site. Wrong... they were happy to send out the correct size (which I had to convince them was correct) but then found out I had to pay for:
1.) original shipping $11
2.) return shipping - with tracking - $23!
3.) shipping for the (correct) replacement parts $11.

Yup add it up - that's a lot.
I also ran into an issue with them over Christmas, where they would not honor an advertised price on their gift cards. They said it was an error, even though the order was accepted.
When I have received their correct parts, I have been happy with them....
      02-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

I emailed them yesterday demanding a tracking number or a refund. They got back to me with a tracking number, as apparently the grills were sent directly from their supplier, but they were never given a tracking number or update/status until I asked for them to contact the supplier. In reality, after using the tracking information, it appears that they were shipped on Monday (as I originally expected) and are due for delivery tomorrow - they simply failed to update the status or notify me as to why the status went from "Pending" to "Warehouse transfer."

In their defense, they did ship as expected...just a small glitch in communication. By the way, they have been great about emailing back and forth with me via their website. I just hope that 1) they sent the correct parts, and 2) that they are not defective/broken. If either one is the case, apparently I will be out of more money even if I just demand a refund, given the stories above about about paying for shipping.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
chickdr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbtwister View Post
I have had mixed experiences with them.
In general their products are very good - but if you have to return them it becomes very expensive. I ordered LED lamps - per the size recommended on their site. Wrong... they were happy to send out the correct size (which I had to convince them was correct) but then found out I had to pay for:
1.) original shipping $11
2.) return shipping - with tracking - $23!
3.) shipping for the (correct) replacement parts $11.

Yup add it up - that's a lot.
I also ran into an issue with them over Christmas, where they would not honor an advertised price on their gift cards. They said it was an error, even though the order was accepted.
When I have received their correct parts, I have been happy with them....
Very poor customer service. If you prove to them what they list on their web site is not what actually fits your car they should gladly send the correct parts for free and a return label for the incorrect parts. You did not make the mistake- they did.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #14
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

Quote:
Damn, I ordered those about a month ago and have been waiting for the snow to melt to install them. *fingers crossed*
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:19 PM   #15
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bought the LED license lamp upgrade a few months ago. Connectors would not match up. ...
I've had these for over a year now.
They rock.
      02-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #16
sbtwister
Private
Rep
Drives: 2005 3.0i Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdr View Post
Very poor customer service. If you prove to them what they list on their web site is not what actually fits your car they should gladly send the correct parts for free and a return label for the incorrect parts. You did not make the mistake- they did.
I sent them a courteous e-mail to that effect...no response - imagine that?
      02-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #17
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

So they delivered as expected. Easy installation, great fit, I'm a happy camper

Let's see how they hold!

Excuse the bad quality cell phone shots.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #18
Phishman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Beige car

I just wanted to follow up in case anyone else is thinking of ordering these from Bimmian (or anyone else):
http://www.bimmian.com/WeissLicht-LE...om-bimmian.com

They did not fit the body. The tabs stuck out too far on the one side and the metal on the other. I had to cut them up with a hacksaw and peel all the weather stripping off just to get them to fit in the hole in the body. At this point they don't fall out but they don't sit flush either; I may just buy some bulbs and put the original units back in.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 12:10 AM   #19
StickMon
My other car is on Mars
United_States
Rep

I have these.
They fit perfectly, and are really nice and bright white.