ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Roadster and Coupe > General BMW Z4 Forum
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

06-29-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
ryanchua
Z4MC Sapphire Black
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 570-4SL

Stock Dyno Run

Hi guys,

As some of you guys know, I'm about to install a KKS electronic-valve exhaust, and today I went to do a baseline dyno to measure my stock output.

Please note, my car is engine/exhaust/intake STOCK. No flash programs, no ecu change, no special race gas etc.

The only mods i have are (18" ultraleggeras, brembo BBK and some interior cabin stuff)

In Singapore we have 98 RON gas (standard) and i've been on the same gas for the past 1 year or so.

I brought a friend (who's a race engineer) to verify my results and the tuner is well known in Singapore (and has tuned a couple of E46 M3s). He was very surprised to see my baseline HP and even asked whether I've done any mods. He said he has not seen any other M3s pull similar numbers (they range from 320-330+)

I read somewhere that the DME on our cars is different from the E46 M3s and hence there are differences, but a 20hp gain from paper specs is making me surprised nonetheless. Now the fear is whether my exhaust will make me lose power (crossing my fingers it's not). The install will be completed tomorrow.

Feel free to point out any issues, wrong numbers, multiple factors etc, and whether you guys have done any baseline dynos on your car as well.

Motor power: 363.3 hp
Engine power: 295.9 hp
Max torque: 406.5 nm

29.1 deg / 84.3 fth

Corr factor:

Additional info: I've put 50,000 km onto the car, and servicing is due as well. Petrol tank was 1/6 empty.

Cheers
Attached Images

BMW.SG - Singapore's Ultimate BMW Enthusiast Community

Last edited by ryanchua; 07-02-2009 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0